Driven hand rig (Updated 2004.01.05)

I compiled a tuhopuu this morning, and that is some mean constraint :D.
I’ll check out the file, and try and get back to you.

I’ll check out the file, and try and get back to you.[/quote]

coo :smiley:

Congratulations for your effort to bring the functonality of drivens keys to a Blender workflow (hand rig). Thanks for the Blend file!

Rangel

I’ll check out the file, and try and get back to you.[/quote]

Did you test it out yet ? I need to know how to use it , and the dev will not respond yet

Is it good ?

Nozzy I was thinking.

Why don’t you use another level of actions. I mean now it’s 1 action on each finger bone triggered by one bone per finger, why not create actions for those bones for say a grab, or closing the hand in a different sequence and trigger that with a sepparate bone in stead of giving them all 1 parent. That way they wouldn’t move around so much. And you could actually program in multiple sequences that you wish to re-use

I’ve had a look at it, but it’s not really doing what I thought it could do. In pose mode its doing some wacky stuff, I’m not sure if its meant to control bones in pose mode? But in object mode its pretty cool, as you say it drags the object when the distance is reached. We need some documentation on what modes it can work in and what the work flow
is suppose to be :slight_smile:

There are 2 actions on the first joints of the fingers, for spreading, local rotate Y on the control objects :slight_smile:

I’am not really sure what you mean?

The reason I’ve animated the whole hand in, eg, the grab, is to get the possiblity to animate the fingers differantly, so the little finger curls in late and they have a little delay. But as you say you can re-using actions and multiple actions are no problem, but it was as far as i wanted to go with this project :wink:

It’s just an idea that I think I’ll implement in a setup I was inspired to by you.

You see, now you can rotate the “main hand” bone in 2 directions for 2 poses which is nice but when you do you rotate all of the “trigger bones”, (one per finger) around that big bone. Which looks a bit messy.

I figure, why not create poses for all those “trigger bones” as well. that way it’s less messy and you have one more level of control.

Just a thought.

And I’m using a rig like yours but trying to rig it up as flexible as possible for future use, since I’m going to use it to do… well basicly any and all hand movements possible.

Just to post an update for the Distance limit constraint.
http://www.aprilcolo.com/oh/plink/tri/italmostworks.zip
Pull the ball. It will pull the arm and then the body when pull far enough. But the problem is that it just pulls the entire rig but when you then grab the rig it’sself it will deform as it should have. So their is a redraw bug in it.

What I ask, can you yourself make a rig and try and use this new constraint then send it to theeth or Zarf as they are the one s that can fix it. But they will not listen to me so I need somebody else to post as more requests will hopefully move them a bit more. ^v^

EDIT

It is now in the banks as , The troubles are due to the code the code optimizations. That could be a little wrong. But their is little that can be done I guess. Hos I hear is in control of some of it so I might ask him , but I am sure he knows.

As for anyone else confused with what I am even talking about. It is a new feature in Tuhopuu. And it might make some nice dynamic rigs if it starts to work.

I tried to learn contrains and kinematic armatures, but I’ll just take my eye on this forum for a while before I continue. Great blender file, thanks, you’re doing a great job. I hope you can make a new tutorials which is 2.3x compatible. :smiley:

yeah nozzy are you going to write a tut on this?

If not I’m willing, I’ve been considering putting a tutorial section on my site. So I could start with an action driven hand rig since I think I’ve figured this one out hehe :wink: Or at least the hand motion… not the ball yet.

:frowning: Aren’t you gonna make a tutorial, nozzy? :frowning:

• Ian

please make a tutorial :smiley:

tutorial please. %|

Since this thread is almost 2 years old, I’m guessing that Nozzy is probably not going to make a tutorial.

Here is a tutorial by Duoas that demonstrates how to use the action constraint: https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49603

Here is another one by Gabio: https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33060&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=6

All the same concepts apply to Nozzy’s hand.

after reading a couple of ten times :expressionless: i have understood the idea of action constraints…

thanks to sketchy,Gabio and Duoas. :wink: