Dromaeosaur (Raptor) BlendSwap Model

I have been working on this raptor, my first organic model, for a little while, and finally decided to call it a “finished project”. Of course, it’s still a WIP; the rig could be improved and I might also add softbodies to it. However, that probably won’t happen for a while, and I think it’s time to move on. I have uploaded it to Blendswap and am hoping it will get accepted.

I would like some crits even though this isn’t in the focused critique section.

Update: Published on BlendSwap. http://www.blendswap.com/blends/animals/dromaeosaur-raptor/

I love the composition, the textures and the whole picture. I would give it a 9 out of 10 :).

Excellent!

Nothing to critic; I do, however, like the focus.

Hi, I don’t want to sound harsh but it is not there yet. The anatomy is too “Soft” the muscles would be much more defined and the legs, arms and chest anatomy is wrong. Also the hands are way too big. The textures are too plaster/chalky looking. Maybe adding some more specular to make it look slightly wet.

Sorry to sound so harsh. It’s a good start. I’m not sure if you were going after realism but if you want realism it needs some more work but don’t stop, with some changes it can be very realistic. It looks like you’ve done the hardest parts. I don’t think I could do what you’ve done so hat’s off to you.

Thanks Writer’s Block and ADAMBLAZE2468 for your encouraging crits, I appreciate it. However, the pic wasn’t meant to be critiqued but the model was, which is here: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/animals/dromaeosaur-raptor/ .

I would also like to thank Paint Guy especially for your harsh yet honest critiques. My friend told me about the muscle definition, but I didn’t know how exactly to improve that. Having just stumbled across Scott Hartman’s dinosaur muscle primer, I will make improvements. Could you please elaborate on the arms, chest and legs? I know there are some inaccuracies, but I would like to know exactly where to improve. I was also going for a dry sort of look, but in retrospect I could have improved the specular.

I will make improvements, but I encourage everyone that sees this to download it and modify it as you wish, as it is under a CC-0 license. I would love to see your modified versions.

No problem just trying to help you improve. :slight_smile: and much better than I could ever pull off.