Dropship modular parts assessment update.

Howdy i might use this post as update, for your evaluation so far on my techniques i’ve learnt in last 9 months from blender community, seem pretty confident now then i was before, but i believe i can always do better.

So right now my models a engine, (and i’m not saying i’m bad at car rim designs tho) supposedly meant to house a propeller (isn’t something that’s easy for me to tackle unless i weld them all together rather than separate, being something i’m trying to aim for in the overall event while leveling each object separately out then welding them as one piece.) But i’m encountering a few problems, the problem is! i cannot tell if it is a problem, or me over thinking it given there’s many variations on ways to make things in blender and i’ve listed two ways i have decided to tackle the problem in regards to rotary parts.

Because i could create a cylinder while extruding it; then turning it into a gear, and attach anything i would like to it with less vertices ( but each part loses it’s diversity) yet the image above had to have the propeller as parent inheritance while the child must follow; being the shaft on left side welded together in middle image, while the shaft on the right something i was hoping to attach as modular)

So how do i tackle this, there’s two ways. i’m trying to picture a car, and rim that i must attach to the axle.

Parenting and all that, are you thinking of animating this? Joining objects is the other method.

Or do you want to duplicate this engine many times? You can group it as well you know. Then, it can be called up as a group instances and used all over the place.

Sorry for the late reply, i wasn’t sure if this post actually went up few weeks ago, luckily it did few!

What i want is to join the shaft towards the blades, but if i delete each vertice situated in the centre it creates serious problems then compared to making a gear.

If i make a gear and extrude each side welding the (or attaching) the shafts much easier, but i lose the ability to customise my blades.

So what do i do?

I like how it is now, but all i can do is extrude a chaft (meaning child) to the blades (meaning parent) , SO if i made a mistake with the shaft i would have to delete the entire thing. :frowning:

I really really REALLY need help :frowning: it’s stopping me from finishing of my project. i want to move onto photoshop and finish it, and then start a character model later, sooooo i would really absolutely appreciate your advice and will slap your name in cockpit as reference for helping me :slight_smile:

What i want is to join the shaft towards the blades
In what way

but if i delete each vertice situated in the centre it creates serious problems then compared to making a gear.
What vertex and what ‘problems’

If i make a gear and extrude each side welding the (or attaching) the shafts much easier, but i lose the ability to customise my blades.
In what way ?

You’re making it difficult for anyone to give you any specific advice. All we have is a few vague images. No actual blend file supplied or clear annotated diagrams explaining what exactly you want.

If you want to link together ensure they are one object two loops to join and W / Bridge Edge Loops or just manually create the faces (select two edges and shortcut F)

Sowie, i wanted to know was how to join a cylinder shaped object to a custom made object (wheel+shaft,steering wheel+shaft,) so far i just excepted it and extruded the shaft from the rotor, because it seems easier. :frowning:

To join different object into one, Shift + Select all the object in Object mode. Then hot key Ctrl + J.

Joined objects origin will be set by last Shift + Selected object.

[video]http://1drv.ms/1jGu8OS[/video]
Howdy again,

1 Can someone share some advice in regards with this problem i am having. at 0:00-0:10 and 1:15-1:30 you’ll notice the animation seems wobbly, and later on, is there some way to fix this? i know blender isn’t a cad environment, but it would be nice to practice clean animation and line work so any advice. :frowning:

2 How do i make a duplicate object (turned parent-p-) with out both sharing the animation, can i create a separate channel. 2:15-3:00

(I’m not familiar with animation, channels, graphs., proxies, ect.)

examples thanks. :slight_smile: