DryStone addon: create irregular stonework walls

(varkenvarken) #1

This probably isn’t something I will develop further but it still might be useful in its present form, an addon to create a mesh of irregularly stacked groutless stones.

cheers,

– michel.

(polygonesrus) #2

should be useful thanks. put a displacement modifier on it and ther you go. and it works wohooo

(ps8) #3

Man you keep on releasing these awesome tools. Thanks! glad to see your work in the blender market.

(trepaning) #4

After I have created a wall and separate the blocks to use as rigid bodies, how can I get the origin to the center of each block all at once. As it is, the origin sets on one side (bottom block in image) and I have to manually move each block in EDIT mode to center the origin into the middle of the block (top block in the image).

(SHABA1) #5

Nice addon. It makes walls that are too high poly for the things I am doing but still nice to have in the toolkit.

(Remade) #6

nice addon,thanks.

(varkenvarken) #7

Did a minor update: added (random) uvmap and vertex color layer.

Cheers,

– Michel.

(Birkov) #8

Hello.

I can install the addon without problems, but when I try to add the new geometry the script fails showing this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\drystone.py", line 188, in execute
    offset = Vector((random(), random(), 0)) if obj.randomuv else Vector((0, 0, 0))
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'randomuv'

Despite the error, the wall is created so I can add the soldify and bevel modifiers on my own.

By the way, thank you for your hardwork creating this tools.

(varkenvarken) #9

@Birkov: finally fixed this bug, it totally escaped my attention. Current version on GitHub runs ok.

(EEEnt_OFFICIAL) #10

I checked this asset out and I must say it’s rather fantastic!