Dual Heavy Guass Rifle Turret

This is my own creation.invention it would go in the BattleTech universe.

The Guass rifle is a set of electromagnets that propel a solid titanium shell at the target.

http://dittohead.blender.tripod.com/images/wips/WIP.html

What is battletech you ask?:

It is the 31st century and man kind is once again at war.

The battlefields of the future are dominated by huge robotic war machines known as Battlemechs.

Piloting these awesome weapons of war are men and women, the elite of the elite, knowing that each battle could be thier last.

They are,

Mechwarriors.

comment suggestions welcome :slight_smile: .

Nice bumping :slight_smile:
Maybe some oil-grease as well? it looks brand new, let’s see some
dirt and “wear”.

Keep it up!
JoOngle

oh man, i love those textures! it’s so cool. i agree with JoOngle though, it does look pretty new… maybe some rust would go good with it as well? oh and, maybe i’m just stupid but

It is the 31st century and man kind is once again at war.

The battlefields of the future are dominated by huge robotic war machines known as Battlemechs.

Piloting these awesome weapons of war are men and women, the elite of the elite, knowing that each battle could be thier last.

They are,

Mechwarriors.

isn’t that the mechwarrior 3 intro? or is mechwarrior 3 part of battletech? i don’t know…

mechwarrior 3 is a part of battletech.

dirt can be done, yes, dirt can be done.

It’s Gauss, guass is a sort of color (guache in english, I believe)

Nice gun!
Guass:
The centimeter-gram-second unit of magnetic induction, equal to the magnetic induction of a magnetic field in which one abcoulomb of charge, moving with a component of velocity perpendicular to the field and equal to one centimeter per second, is acted on by a force of one dyne. 8)

Pretty nice
I’m not too fond of the “this was carved out of a solid block of metal”-look though.
But the textures are great.

Hrm… Gauss, after Carl Friedrich Gauss. He is one of those guys whose name is everywhere in math and physics (and SF apparently).

1. pofo

Titanium is non-magnetic and very light. It would make lousy bullets.