Dual Monitor

I’m new to Blender and am trying to move the palettes across to my second monitor but they won’t come apart from the main window. I know it’s going to be a simple fix but can’t find it. Apple Dual 2 Gig G5.

blender uses only one window [well, and there’s the render window and animation playback window, but that’s different]

people have asked to change this, so far nothing has come of those requests that I know of

You can only split the main application window up, not totally detatch windows. So what you could do is maximize Blender so that it covers both of your monitors, and then position your mouse cursor at the edge of any subwindow (to where you get a resizing cursor), right-click and choose Split.

This way you can actually have your 3D view on one monitor and all your button and text windows on the other monitor if you split Blender in half horizontally.

Are you using two video cards or a single card with two heads?

As long as you’ve got it coming out of a single framebuffer you can set blender to be full screen, the problem is your windows manager (quartz or whatever OS x uses these days) has to be able to span monitors with blender.

Click the button in the upper right hand corner of your screen, the one with two arrows one pointing up and the other down. You’re now full screen and across both monitors.