Ducati - Il Bisbetico Domato

@clockmender Thanks, trying!

@lsscpp Thanks! Yes, he is the legend.:yes:

Update. Started working out the handlebars, break/clutch levers, speedometer.

Nice job! All details are well worked out!

@ryan854 Thanks!

Yet another update. Have put on the seat and tweaked the frame a little. I think the bike is starting to get shape:D
Also I realised that the scale of the wheels is way too high - result of poor reference management. SO they will have to be smaller.

Great attention to detail, very clean modeling, like it a lot!

@robocyte Thank you!

Great modeling! I love the detail.

@bryansvt92 Thanks!

I’m very impressed with a new denoising feature. It works extremely well even with small amount of samples. Shadow catcher is a super handy bonus too.:eyebrowlift:

I finally scaled down the wheels. Finished the sexy swingarm. Started to play around with exhaust and titanium pipe wrap. Not too happy with results yet.
Few renders:

Decided to take a brake from modelling and did a simple scene setup to test how things might be looking. I’m still going to change/relocate a few objects here and there, but I want to go for this industrial studio look. Played around with a few compositor nodes as well to make things look more believable. I think fully textured model should look good.

I pulled the objects in the scene from this great guy https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/50740
Big thanks to him.

Any suggestions on how to make the scene more alive are welcome !:eyebrowlift:

Another round of updates.

• Since I had to add 2 radiators and didn’t want to block the front of the engine, I decided to move 1 of them to the front of the fork. That turned out alright I think, especially with those 2 Baja style lights. Added kinda cool stance to the bike.
  • Textured the seat.
  • Added a few more scene details for more “realism”.
  • Playing around with compositor effects.

There are still quite a lot of things to do.

I don’t like the scene, and I hate how the front of the bike looks like, but this is just personal taste. Rendering, texturing, modeling nicely done, great job.

@NeverTilt Maybe you are right. Now that I think about it, I’m not 100% sold on the front either. Probably it needs some more thinking.

Some updates. I’m playing around with different lighting values to get a crisp image.
I decided to kill 2-radiator idea. Added a lot more parts. Modelling is very near to be completed.

I decided to properly model up the engine. Some parts are arguably realistic but I tried to stay close to real thing as much as possible. It is hard to find good references from certain angles sometimes so I have to guess a lot.

very nice ! engine is a very complicated piece to model , u nail it !
it takes me hours on my vespa just to figurout the basic topology !
great work !

How do you UV unwrap a mash like this? :smiley:

Yea… I’m struggling on it now. It’s a bit of a nightmare but possible)))

Thank you! To be honest my topology is horrible. But sometimes you can just ignore it. For example on flat surfaces. Or you can uses creases too. I tend to mix different approaches together.