Dunes

Beautiful and inspiring. Wish I were there.

Wow stunning model you shared with us. WOuld you collaborate a bit how you make these?

thanks for all the nice comments!
I made a few (video) tutorials on plant modelling with Xfrog standalone and the Xfrog plugin for Cinema4D. As I am rebuilding my website, most of the videos are only available at Vimeo right now (https://vimeo.com/walli/videos), but be warned - tutorials are dull and not sure if the spoken language should be called english :wink:

Very impressive job, it also looks very realistic.

Thanks for that material test scene, had some time with blender and thea. Eventually i added a displacement mod to get a sort of good port for thea render. Added 2 models of wild grass and some very quick dirty instancing

Attachments

Hi,
Very well done. I saw you sell soma models for C4D. If you make the scene and/or your plant pack available on the market, I would certainly buy it if it’s for a reasonable price.
Regards

very nice rombout! Displacement is one of the points I am missing in Cycles. Also very nice grasses, did you make them yourself?

Impressive. Your works here inspired me that Blender can do these beautiful kind of things.

Thanks for showing us these awesome works of yours.

Congrats, really nice job. I like the closeup shot the most. This really gets close to a photo. 1 thing I like to adress: for me the wood poles prevent a more realistic result. If I look at the picture, I imagine these poles are being there for a very long time. For that reason, I would give them a much more used look. But thats just my opinion, dont get me wrong, the pictures all are at a really high quality level.

No i got them from thea forum… i dont have them in any othe format than thea’s :frowning: perhaps i can convert them by using kerkythea2OBJ using tuna app.

I used 2 displacement mods on the dunes, one had a wavy water texture made in after effects, the other is a perlin noise controlled by a empty. I should however also use vertex paint to get better randomness. But this was a quick test

Looks very realistic, impressive!

Very nice Walli !
I can almost feel the sea breeze…

Beautiful artwork, I feel the same mood than in the beach.

Well its impressive.
I am amazed of the detail that went into a part you published as blend file, the plant.
So much detail, while in a scene rendering it wouldnt be visible all those meshes, your level of detail is extreme in the flower part there.
While on the other side the leaves are more simple in setup, quite a big contrast there.
Well the result is stunning in the end, and thats i think what counts.

You can really feel the wind and atmosphere, but the flowers in the lower left are killing it for me for some reason. They seem flat and lifeless compared to the rest of the flora.

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and your attention to detail.

Looks great! How are you doing the skies with Terragen, and which version of Terragen are you using? Any special setup for the sky?

wow great work nice composition of the image and great lighting :slight_smile:

Awesome work!

Nicely done, thank you for the sand material!