Duplicate Along Curve with/without Deformation ( 2.83 - 2.93 )

Hello, after googling, I could not find an working addon for duplicating mesh along a curve without deformation. it is a must have for any modeling I’d say. so here it is my attempt.

two mode to duplicate along a curve:
first one is the usual one, which deform the mesh around curvy path. useful for lace or soft objects.
second one is rigid duplicate, which does not deform the mesh. useful for hard object such as bike chains and tank treads

after each operation if you press “redo last” you can adjust the mesh size, distance between duplicates and offset along the curve. on the 3D view side panel, you can also adjust the necessary property later.
deform
Rigid

if you like, you can grab it at blendermarket to support me and dev fund, or completely free at gumroad.

9 Likes

Useful, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Champion :beers:

This is amazing! Out of interest is there a reason why you cant keep the array when you confirm duplication result?

I assume its something to do with instancing but it seems like it functions pretty well if you just leave it in that state. Do you even need to confirm it? or is that more so you can make fine adjustments afterwards.

1 Like

I suppose you can leave it as is. I often need to adjust individual duplicate, confirming it makes it easier to do so.

1 Like

oh ok so no damage will be done by just leaveing it active then until you really want to lock something in. Nice!

Shame about the redo last functionality I assume thats how you used to get the floating settings menu up.