duplicate video frames, movie clips

i’m trying to switch to blender for its cost and power :slight_smile: i use it for 3d modeling and camera tracking. when i load a video into either the motion tracker or movie clip editor. some of the frames will repeat.

for example. frames 44 and 45 will be the same image. then if i reload the clip frames 11 and 12 will do it but 44 and 45 will not.

so what’s the big deal, its just one or two frames wight? well if i render a scene thats like 2000 frames. and even some time as low as 200 frames. (but not often) the 3d objects in my scene will start to bounce around once it hits the duplicate frames and the camera loses its track.

if you like i can track a video and put it on youtube to show you what’s happening.

this is how i make a living so switching to blender would be a BIG deal for the cost of future expansion. but i can’t do that unless i can fix this.

thank you for any help you can provide.

my system

blender 2.65a (i have the same problem in older builds
intel 2600k
16 gigs ram
nvidia gtx 590
windows 7 home.
(video is from a sony a57)

really? i cant be the only one having this issue

We’re having the same issue.
We bring in a video for tacking frame rate 23.98, we setup the render tab to the same frame rate before bringing in the video, but it still seems to duplicate frames and cause a stutter.