Duracell Bunny

The WIP forum didn’t seem to offer anything for this project so I decided to try here instead.

My main concerns right now are

1. How to make sand that looks at least somewhat nice. I tried to find pictures, but they all seem to have very big sand particles, which don’t give the results I want. I even tried making a procedural texture using noise, but it didn’t work out too well either

2. How to stop the hair particles from going through the sunglasses? I tried enabling collisions on the glasses, but it didn’t seem to affect anything.

3. How could I make the pose look a bit more relaxed?

Comments on other stuff also welcome of course

Thank you

Attachments

http://cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=search&q=sand&cat=43025
(sand textures)

Sweet, thank you! :slight_smile:

I changed the sand texture and the lightning a bit. I also made the fur a bit more random, to give a bette “on vacation” look, but I think it might be a bit too much.

It’s a bit overexposed in the lower right corner, and I’ll see what I can do about that.

Attachments

isn’t it the energizer bunny?

The primary issue with this scene is the lighting.
Overall, it’s rather flat and lacking depth.
I suggest using AO (ambient occlusion) to add some more realistic depth to the scene.
Try to achieve a broader range of shades by playing with the energy of the AO and lights. Try to use more than one light; google for lighting tutorials, and I’m sure you’ll find lots of great techniques.
/Chase.

Yes, also noticed that the batteries themselves do not cast shadows

I was just going through the latest 2.5 trunk development log and noticed something you’d find useful.

I remember you mentioning a problem about the bunny’s fur going through the sunglasses. There’s a recent commit that allows for a collision object that affects the velocity of the hair/fur particles. I think you should give it a try.

have fun.