Dwarf

Hey,

im creating my first character, a dwarf, based an this german tutorial:
http://www.galileo-videotrainings.de/das-blender-training-fur-fortgeschrittene/2856/training/

I think the big stuff is done and it’s time to get a good critique. All the little hints and tricks to get the last out of it. There is also a little To-Do List:

1. Eyebrows
  2. Hair on the head
  3. The part of the trousers where the buttons or zipper are (don’t know the english word, help me ;))
  4. perhaps the skin but I need your help there. I feel that there is something to do but I don’t really guess what it is.

best regards,
Martin

Attachments

After a careful look, I finally found something to “critique” … the shape of the biceps that looks strange. The muscle shouldn’t “bump out” like that, if you see what I mean. OK, these guys are supposedly strong enough to kill elves with one hand tied, but … yeah…
But to be absolutely honest, your work does not deserve critiques. Only bravos.
amazing job.
'looking forward to see the rest.

Thank you for the critique, I see what you mean. I think I have to search a few more reference images with huuuge strong naked men (my next character is a girl I promise ;)). Actually my biggest problem are the eyebrows and the hair on the head. Perhaps I should spend him a cap. Is there a better way to get good eyebrowes than to use particles?

best regards,
Martin

no, to the best of my knowledge only particles would do… but I’m far from knowing everything, of course.
Why hair, after all ? I like it bald … but eyebrows, sure.

His biceps look lumpy to me, plus the transition to his deltoids is kind of vague. Other than that a nice solid start.

Is your next project going to be a “small giant?” :eyebrowlift:

Hey,

perhaps the title is noch the best ;).

I tried to say, that this dwarf is like the dwarfs in the Lord of the Rings, not like the very very small dwarfs. He is only a strong (little bit fat) man, who is a bit smaller then the rest around him ;).

best regards,
Martin

Hey,

I have done some minor changes to my dwarf. Mostly to the hair on the body and the material of the skin. He also gets eyebrowes and a cap. I don’t know if there is maybe to much specularity on the body. I don’t have time to work as much on this little guy as I would like to do but I hope you could give me some more hints to achieve the best possible results.

Martin

Attachments

This is superb work. Might I suggest a fly (buttons or some kind of string or thong) at the front of the trousers? It’s rather lacking in that area :wink: