.DXF Import

Hi,

i made a 3D model which is like this http://www.vibrodynamics.net/3d.JPG in another program and then i import it in Blender in .DXF format. when i open that .DXF file in to blender it appear like this http://www.vibrodynamics.net/blender3d.JPG … what i want do is that i want to make that 3D model like this and animate it see the movie
www.realitymeasurements.com/T8_Vessel.avi … i dont want to make everything again the main purpose of mine using blender is to animate and give some more effects

Thanks & Regards

Fahad Khan

hm, strange - it seems there are separate objects, and blender messes up with their orintation/position. no help i can offer you so far, maybe try to join some objects (in your other program) like the tubes, so that thee are less objects to reposition/reorient in blender later. or try a different format - like .obj or .vrml

hope that helps a littel

marin

try a different format - like .obj or .vrml

My other program only allows .DXF Format.

maybe try to join some objects (in your other program) like the tubes, so that thee are less objects to reposition/reorient in blender later.

i just cant join many object as i want because they suppose to be like that everything in my other program is measured as .0001 inches :slight_smile: and actully this model will be later used in building Machines etc so i cant move anything other then its actulay position .

you don’t need to overwrite the original from which the construction will be made - just make a copy and mess around to achieve best results for blender. apart from that, i’m not telling to move anything in the original file, but in blender (if neseccary). i doubt that blender will be used for the construciton :wink:

i doubt that blender will be used for the construciton

yes I know you can do in blender as i`m new in blender cant really do lot of thing.

by the way do you know nay other software in which i can do like that as i just want to animate and give some effects btw did you see the movie ?