Dynamic AI Navigation (Cryengine 3)

I have post, response, post response, if you want me to condense my thoughts, find some one else’s thoughts and ignore me, because I am on a phone sometimes, then a tablet etc, and sometimes I don’t think about editing a old post… frankly I do not see why it bothers you :slight_smile:

if you want to invalidate my arguments, then do that… but please …

There are a number of reasons why it is bothering. Foremostly, we are all happy to hear your ideas, provided that they don’t saturate the rest of the forum.
Here’s what posting a new reply does:

• Updates the reply subscriptions if they exist
  • Updates the response count
  • Lengthens the responses on the thread.

Here’s what most people do when browsing the forum:

• Look for answers - They want to find the most relevant information for their search query. The reason we use Google or Yahoo is so that we don’t have to click through the billions (or more) pages on the internet to find the relevant article, instead we have a condensed “summary” from a search engine.
  • Ask questions - Here people are looking for answers, that are short and concise and to the point. If you want to start a discussion (as I should) open a new topic.
  • Help other people - Here we look at interesting or relevant posts to our interests, and look to see if it is a new response. If it is we mentally flag the post as in need of a reply, or perhaps providing a new reply.

So, why is this relevant to you? Well, it seems that when you reply your posts can span across three or more replies. This updates the post count, thread length and response list. This then does all the above (as mentioned). The question should then be, do you need more than one response? The answer is NO, unless you meet the following criteria:

• You’re dividing an informative post into topics, that you are going to edit later on to make bigger.
  • You’ve run out of words and have used the ones you’ve written thus far efficiently.

You’ve yet to reach the second issue, thus the first one should be your only remaining criteria for multiple responses and that is not the case. Yes, we all occasionally make mistakes and double post, or reply twice, but this should only be occasionally.

I have a tablet and a mobile with Tapatalk; I also reply on mobile. It doesn’t take that long to select the edit post option. It is important that you understand the function of a forum. Every reply should be well thought through, worded correctly and full of relevant information. Don’t reply if it isn’t worth people’s time. If you want to make a point, spend some time thinking about what you’re writing, check the spelling and punctuation and people will enjoy reading it. The second most irritating thing after multiple replies is poor grammar and spelling (beyond simple mistakes / language barriers). If anything, it’s courtesy. The replies you leave reflect something about yourself and your attitudes towards other people.Overall, I don’t see how I can say much else. It has been mentioned before that you’re cluttering threads. No one will hold a grudge against you, but it would be advisable if you were to act upon the suggestions. Please.
Angus.

what if I am nuts and do what I feel like but it doesn’t really effect you? should I exist?

BluePrintRandom, we like your enthusiasm , but for a long time we ask you not to reply to your own posts, but edit them. If you post 3 short replies in a row, each with one sentence, it looks like spam. It’s like you have this big need to be “heard”.
I have opinions in most threads, but I don’t go around replying to all threads. We tend to read each one’s opinion in a forum because the posts stay there, so I go: “what says X about it”… then the next?, and then I see your post: “ah, here we go, 3 small post in a row, OK dude, you really don’t need to ask for so much attention…”.
Peace!

Please be considerate, this is not a chat room, you can make your posts more readable by condensing them. Angus is not being mean to you, and neither do I intend to, but we’re not the only ones to suggest that you moderate your posts.

It’s not a cry for attention, it’s a call to arms :slight_smile: my AI works really good, but it lacks… optimization,

I am using a vision cone to detect waypoints or players or items that are “smells” for ai to follow, but it all uses the same cone, it will always go after player before smell, and smell before waypoint logic,

so if you can “steer” the ai with A* and add it’s own offset/motion pattern, one ai can be many organic critters…