Dynamic Cloudtexture -- How to access Mapping values via Python

Alright, the technique of multiple moving Textures forming dynamic Clouds is nothing new but I gave it a try and so far I’m happy enough with the visuals, but the main idea is – of course – to actually make those Textures MOVE, so that the clouds would change their forms.
So I guess I will need Python for this, but being even less than a Python-Beginner I have got no clue how to access the Texture Mapping Node and change its Location/Rotation/Scale. Of course I searched the Python Docs etc. but as said, I absolutely do not understand Python yet.
Would anyone be so kind? :3

And another question that I have got: How do I use a blender-generated Cloud Texture in BGE?? (It was was asked before but with no answer that I would find very promising.)

As far as I know procedural textures are not supported (at least in 2.49).

You can bake them into image texture and use them.
You can have up to 2 UV layers. The UV coordinates can be changed via Python. Look for UV scoll script to get a good start. I’m pretty sure you need the API too :).

Don’t remember any details, but while experimenting a while back I managed to bake a procedural texture to a image map. That’s a workaround for reasonable sized objects.

However, probably not for dynamic textures.

Thanks so far, at least I managed to get the UV moving, but still my actual goal would be to get access to the UV-Mapping-NODE-values, because that would give me more possibilities and it would look better as far as I can judge that by now.I mean those two thingies:

Copying the Data Path of one of those values would give me for example:

nodes["Mapping.001"].location

Is there any way to access this Path via Ingame-Python or is it for Blender-Python only? :confused:

Sorry, it’s for Blender only - I don’t believe there’s a way to influence how nodes work in the BGE outside of vertex colors, UV-maps, or vertex positions. It’s too bad, really. I could be wrong, though.

I found a way through this complication once…

You would use vertex colours as some sort of input, say having the colour red in the vertex colours.
In the node setup, have the vertex colours go through “split rgb”. You can then use the “r” value, as an exmaple, to map the image.

Then using script, change the vertex colours of the vertices with the vertex property “color”.

w00t, thank you, Smeagle! : D
Now I’ve also got the power to make dynamic CloudDensity (which is very important, of course).
These Vertex Color Stories always confused me, but I see, I’ll get into it. :]
Thanks again!