Dynamic lights in saved runtimes

Hello game engine freaks,
dynamic lights in 2.47 ( Linux32) saved runtimes don’t work?!
Have you the same problem?
Bye

i have this problem too :frowning:
(windows vista 64)

you’re late :RocknRoll:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133970

OTO,
thank you for posting this. As i’m new to working with the BGE, I noticed that it looks different but didn’t know that it is broken.
Had it not been for your post, I would have wasted countless hours re-texturing everything!

Question: Right now, I am focusing on developing a training sim that does not need the latest blender features. What version of blender has the best integration of the BGE?
Also, the BGE wiki (summer of documentation) does not show the same screen shots as blender 2.4.7 and therefore I’m wondering if the 2.46 or even 2.45 branch of blender would be better suited for someone learning the BGE?

I would appreciate some opinions and advice on that :slight_smile:

If you need to texture a lot, use the 2.45, maybe…it uses the “old style” UV Editor and functions, more “easy/ergonomic” than the new ones.

OTO’s right, but consider using 2.46 because of some old bugs related to memory leeks on previous version (2.45, 2.44…), fixed on 2.46.

So, “texture” in 2.45 and “play” in 2.46! :wink:

Thank you guys :slight_smile:
i will gladly follow your advice and get working :slight_smile:
btw (this is off topic to the original post but what the heck)
I’m making a camera fly through and use the loc and rot values in combination with the up/down/left/right arrows on the keyboard as i’ve seen in a few beginner tutorials.
Is there a way to have a smother “user experience” … as in, gradually starting the movements instead of sudden stops?
Just wondering :slight_smile:

Again, thank you for your advice :slight_smile: