Dynamic shadows and bump maping in Realtime

This is 2005 going on 2006 and just about every game now has dynamic shadows and bump mapping in realtime. Is Blender ever going to do this?

yes

Really, when are the going to do this?

Well, when CrystalBlend come out, it should support these things. Try a search on it and see what you come up with. I think there was a demo awhile back.

Yup the binary is over here.

http://crystalspace3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=CrystalBlendLite

Jason Lin

Thanks guys crystalblend rocks!!! But it won’t play any games with pyscripts. Is there a release date on the full version?

what happened to Blender tuhopuu? i know tuhopuu2 have dinamic shadows and bump mapping but i never found a blender player to enable dynamic shadows in a stand alone.

What is this Blender tuhopuu you speak of? I’ve never heard of that. :slight_smile:

What is this Blender tuhopuu you speak of? I’ve never heard of that. :)[/quote]
tuhopuu is the experimental “tree” of blender, where people implement crazy [unstable] features before porting to the regular [offical] tree for us to see [or abandoning for various reasons]

tuhopuu2 [there is a tuhopuu and tuhopuu3] allowed glsl [shaders!!!] and depth buffer shadows. the glsl implementation was a pain [you used python to set it up] but allowed bump mapping. You wouldn’t see either of these features on a card worse or older than a geforce 3 or radeon 9500.

I think I built a tuhopuu2 player once for windows, but shadows didn’t work [glsl still did if I recall]. … tuhopuu2 isn’t really something to get your hopes up about though, it isn’t being maintained and is not something to be considered stable or completed. [tuhopuu3 started with the offical tree, not with tuhopuu2… so the shadows and glsl stuff for the game engine only made it in tuhopuu2]

is an experimental release of blender, where people coded some stuff like bump mapping, pixel shader, and dynamic shadows, i have used it and worked fine for me, but only tuhopuu2 have this settings, this doesn’t works on tuhopuu3

tuhopuu2 isn’t really something to get your hopes up about though, it isn’t being maintained and is not something to be considered stable or completed.

The official release of blender is not maintained, i mean the game engine code is stopped, only a few features are implemented, and most of these features are included in the tuhopuu2.

So, what’s wrong with tuhopuu2?

Also a lot of people in this forum are using the 2.25

It’s buggy, incomplete, and not maintained

2.40 will improve on the game engine, and the next version ought to have some much more significant updates [than just completely replacing the physics engine]

It’s buggy, incomplete, and not maintained

2.40 will improve on the game engine, and the next version ought to have some much more significant updates [than just completely replacing the physics engine][/quote]
I hear you there!!!

as far as i can go i can have a working .exe file with bullet physics, dynamic shadows and bump mapping, the only thing i can´t use in an .exe is the joystick sensor included in blender, but you can use the pygame. all this made in the Blender 2.40 RC1, then make it .exe in tuhopuu2 and all works fine, tell me where can i upload the .exe file and you will se it by yourself

thopuu2 doesn’t have bullet physics, doing a runtime export from tuhopuu2 will not have bullet physics [if using the tuhopuu2 runtime]

that said, tuhopuu2 might have ODE physics, which is pretty buggy [as implemented in tuhopuu] but does do a lot of things better than sumo

Here is a demo i made using Blender 2.40 RC1 and made exe in tuhopuu2

http://www.savefile.com/files/4236303

ermmm

im not getting either bumpmapping or shadows

im on geforce 6200

RoNC

Nor am I
I have Radeon 9700

i’m on a geforce fx 5200

well no one else can get your test to work bro :confused:

RonC