Dynamica site

(theeth) #1

Thanks to SysAdm, there’s now a place where you can download most of the Dynamica demos without getting the geocities crap again.

http://www.centralsource.com/blender/dynamica/

Be sure to bookmark that page, since news and updates will be posted there.

Martin

(S68) #2

Cool, we’re waiting for first release :slight_smile:

Stefano

(Cativo) #3

It’s looking good. I have a question, can dynamica simulate water? or is it just for particles?

(theeth) #4

I have a question, can dynamica simulate water? or is it just for particles?

for now, there’s no fluid dynamics, though you could probably fake them with a little intergravity. You could of course use metaballs as particles.

Martin

(djfuego) #5

Yeah I’ve tried it. takes up too much system resources

(MatrixNAN) #6

Really like the Real Flow in Particular the Flow Tracer!!! Man it looks real! In Cloth I would like to see wind and Rain interaction in addition to elastic setting for cloth so it can stretch to a certain degree before tearing.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

(theeth) #7

In Cloth I would like to see wind and Rain interaction

Ok, for the wind effect, I see what you’re talking about, and it could be done. I even think the Wind engine used in the physics module could be used for Cloth too.

I don’t really see what you’re talking about though, when saying “rain interaction”…

in addition to elastic setting for cloth so it can stretch to a certain degree before tearing.

Yes of course, breaking limits and plasticity limits.

Martin

(dickie) #8

Hey!
It looks exciting!
Can I generate hair with Dyn.?
As in Shave and a Haircut
for Lightwave?

(theeth) #9

Dickie: for now, no. But later, that could probably be set up with Cloth dynamics, since they would both use infinite springs technique.

Martin

(0ptikz) #10

Hey theeth,

The third vid on the second row doesn’t seem to be working…

Its the Linear and angular velocity one.

(theeth) #11

it looks like SysAdm made a spelling error while naming that file. In the mean time, you can download it from here:
http://www.centralsource.com/blender/dynamica/iart/

Martin