Dynamica

What has happened to dynamica?

it stopped being developed

it was for blender 2.23 anyway

iirc the plan was to implement its features into blender more directly in a much cleaner fashion

I thought (back then) that it was going to be converted to c code and be integrated into Blender.

The developers are now working on soft body animation features, anyway…and the particle engine is more enhanced.

The vortex effect in Blenderi s pretty much a copy of what I had in Dynamica, minus the hability to form a vortex chain.

Martin

I would realy like the cloth animation features.

soft bodies are in development atm. this includes the ability to create cloth. dont exect something fancy but its cool anyway.

I tried softbodies with the old tuhopuu build and found that the don’t give very good results and are realy hard to use.

that’s why I actually said “in development”. further more there was something mentioned in a development digest

Ton Roosendaal is working on creating a framework for a physics engine that would allow soft bodies, which could make interactive 3d view possible (shake a softbody cube in the 3d view and it would wobble, for instance).

and the link:

I tried softbodies with the old tuhopuu build and found that the don’t give very good results and are realy hard to use.[/quote]
Ehm, the softbodies that are in development has never been in tuhopuu. You must mean the softbodies from instinctive.

And while we’re at it. Please don’t complain about WIP’s not being good enough, because that’s the whole reason it is WIP.

yes I agree. Anybody should be happy there is something “cloth-ish” in development. Features like this are normaly dedicated to commercial products… I know there are some opensource projects, like freecloth. I ment this in a productive way.