E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi, I have a problem with the latest 2.91 build. It’s so laggy with a simple scene and a basic setting. You can see here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bAHZALI9fb_tjCjt0D12ZVmlmDJPFhwT/view?usp=sharing

It still seem to be fine in 2.90 build.

It’ normal, the GPU compute option is greyed out, which means Blender is using CPU. It’s a bug in Blender, you can reactivate it by just opening the user preferences and going to the system tab -> check that CUDA or OptiX is selected :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Blender Market is crashing since an hour. New GPUs from NVidia and AMD are extremely expensive or not available. What a luck! You can get better performance for a fraction of the price with E-Cycles 2021 on Gumroad. You can get E-Cycles 2021 and E-Cycles 2021 RTX with 25% off with this coupon during Black Friday and until Sunday.

First E-Cycles 2021 alpha builds are already available with 2x faster path tracing on average, persistent data, SSAA rendering, the new AI-Denoiser mode and viewport light groups!

Fast rendering and persistent data

State of the art denoising technique

100% compatibility with Cycles assets, materials and add-ons

Most render engines requires you to convert your materials and are most of the time incompatible with add-ons containing assets. With E-Cycles, you can focus on your art and start production the second after you started it. All your existing scenes, assets and add-ons will work out-of the box!

Render Profiles for easy usage and 3-clicks optimization setup

Optimized viewport rendering

Light Groups in the viewport for real time lightning setup

Smart Clay and AO presets

New in E-Cycles 2021: SSAA for crisp textures and details-rich denoising

1606409971460-comparison+viewport+SSAA+dark+interior+10sec

Happy Rendering!

1 Like

Ahh I see. It not have any GPU option in OptiX when open Blender preferences. Looks like I have to stay in 2.90 for a while XD

@bliblubli

Hi, Mathieu.
As it looks like new improvements for E-Cycles seem to be for 2.9x versions, are updates and speed improvements also coming to 2.83 LTS? I’m planning software used for my future work and going to mostly stick with Blender LTS versions, so would appreciate if I’d get updates also. This is one thing for me to consider if should purchase E-Cycles update in 2021.

1 Like

I guess you just have to update your drivers to 456+ ?

Hi Saku,

E-Cycles 2.83.x is also updated regularly indeed and the new features will be added to it too. E-Cycles 2.83.8 already has light groups in the viewport, persistent data, nishita sky, native RTX 3xxx support, and all features added to E-Cycles 2.90.1 were backported. The improved AI-Denoiser is planned to be added to the next 2.83.x release. SSAA will take a bit more time as it’s still alpha.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

2 Likes

I’ll try. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Mathieu!
Great News with E-Cycles 2021 already to come! Do I remember it right, that there is a discount for existing users? If yes,would it be better to use this discount or Black Friday Sale?
Thanks,
Johannes

4 Likes

Hey Johannes,

yes, existing 2020 users can get the 2021 version with 50% off = 75 for E-Cycles 2021 standard and 149 for E-Cycles 2021 RTX. So it’s better to wait for the upgrade coupons :slight_smile:

The Blender Market deactivates coupons during sales. So I wait a bit and when the sales are over, I’ll send the upgrade coupons to everyone.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

4 Likes

If you want to learn how this top-row art was made, @xeonow kindly shares his knowledge in this tutorial on Youtube.

1 Like

Good to hear coupons will be send soon. Can’t wait to try the 3090 in ecyles rtx :slight_smile:

Do yo know why ao and bevel isn’t supported by optic yet?

1 Like

Hi there, i just got ecycles 2.9 for gtx
but im confused with those all bunch of files not knowing how to install it on windows … any help?

2 Likes

Just download your windows build zip and extract it. Then run containing blender.exe

Edit:
if you encounter problems with the gfx driver. There is a registry change to do regarding the gfx driver timeout. I am not really shure but I think it’s explained by Mathieu in the read me. Some tdlr delay settings.

1 Like

Hi Ali,
As @dave62 said, you just have to extract and run the blender.exe. I recommend to watch the short video tutorials available in your downloads too (with VLC or any recent video player) for the best experience.

Any ideas on how to apply compositing to Blender viewport render? (Glare, etc.)
Renderers like Fstorm have this way of Tone mapping. This is very useful in the Archviz workflow. Is this impossible in Cycles?

1 Like

It should be pretty easy to apply the compositing tree on the viewport, another thing is to get it to work at an acceptable framerate, even on a 4k monitor. Blender’s compositor is slow currently. So a first step would be to optimize it. Another solution would be to have a limited subset with optimized code available. What would be the most important node for your workflow?

3 Likes

That’s good news!
Well, I’m learning VizGuru’s workflow these days.
He is a great 3D artist and shows great work.
https://viz.guru

Once you see this (His tutorial), I think glare is essential.

I really want a custom LUT workflow for intuitive color grading,
but many people will like it if Cycles just have glare.

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000017222-how-to-use-bloom-and-glare-

4 Likes

I agree glare is really helpful to get a photo-like look. Message received :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why the gumroad show the money is €,not $ ??