E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Copying the folder should be enough, in any location you mentioned.
I guess you mean the experimental feature looking at the picture you posted (but it has nothing to do with add-ons)? Anyway, Asset Browser was removed from 2.92 by it’s developer as far as I understand and I never checked, but experimental features generally may be disabled in stable releases?

1 Like

Welcome to the community and thank you for your suggestion!

The last time users showed me results with superimagedenoiser, it would spend 30 seconds denoising for 1080p and on a fast Ryzen CPU. As most renders with E-Cycles are under 10sec using modern GPUs, upping the sample count would be more productive in many cases I guess. Of course it depends on the GPU/CPU speed ratio you have. But it was back before this temporal changes.

He is offering his add-on for 0+. So anyone wanting it can get it. If he is doing a great job, you can help him with donations and I can focus on other features which can stack?

2 Likes

New builds of E-Cycles 2.93 are available!

2 Likes

Hi @bliblubli

I got E-cycles on june 2020 and I’m not getting any update on blender market. I tought It was a yearly subscription is that correct?

Hi @patoaltaco,

Gumroad offers that, but the Blender Market still doesn’t offer memberships/subscriptions. So only the calendar year versions are available there. If you want, you can get membership on Gumroad for CUDA or OptiX .

Financially speaking, it is better to stay on the Blender Market though. With the current dollar price drop of about 15%, plus the $50/$100 off for the upgrade from 2020 to 2021 (code EC-SecondYear, please be sure to be logged-in to use it), you get all 2021 updates for about the price of 3 months on Gumroad.

For example, artists who bought E-Cycles at $45 during sales on launch and have used the 50% coupons (available in December) since 2 years paid $199 for E-Cycles 2019+2020+2021. The same with subscription cost 45€ x 4 trimesters x 3 years = 540€ = $650 currently.

Only the Blender Market team can decide which models they offer. I ask the Blender Market regularly to offer subscriptions, showing your interest for that feature may help put it higher on their priority list.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

New builds of E-Cycles 2.93 are available with a small speed-boost for viewport rendering!

2 Likes

@bliblubli I found it a bit unfair.
thanks anyway.

Thanks for your reply, I will say that i think your denoiser is better, what I would love though is temporal denosing for animation, since the default and your implementation (AFAIK) does not care about the previous/next frame which can cause flickering and other irregularities in specific cases. That what the addon i posted does, it helped me clean up some noise in a difficult low light scene i was working on. Other than that e-cycles is great :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Pato,

Can you please explain what you find unfair?
That the Blender Market doesn’t offer memberships yet? You are welcome to speak with them. As I already said, I would like it too.
Or do you find naming all variants on my side with “2020” or “2021” plus adding it in the variant description is not clear enough? Please provide what you think would make it clearer. I’m happy to make help people take the best decision.
Or do you think I hide the Membership? I’m happy to convert your calendar year version to a membership and recalculate the new cost as if you had taken a Gumroad membership back then.

My point about the add-on you linked is that if you find it’s developer is doing a great job, it may be better to donate to him so that he can further improve it and combine both works together to stack improvements. If it was overpriced, making an alternative would definitely be an option to look at. In this case, he/she let’s you decide the price. I see add-ons as an ecosystem and if a developer is already providing useful services, great, I can concentrate my work on filling remaining gaps :slight_smile:

By the way, about temporal denoising in E-Cycles, OptiX was improved too in 2.92 and now gives rather steady results if enough samples are available. You can see an example in this wip video (Settings are shown at the beginning if you want, you can skip the render process, the resulting video is played back at the 23:14):

2 Likes

Hey!!!
Are there any news about the addition of keyframed materials using persistent data? This option is so amazing, but the only problem is that we don’t have enough flexibility on our shader graphs and other important aspects of animation

keep up the amazing job!!!

2 Likes

Hi,
Is there a free trial version of E-Cycles that we could have for like a couple of weeks to test and decide whether buy the full version or not?

Hi, not I am aware of but there is a 3 month supsription for 45$ on Gumroad.
As far as I know you can use it forever but don´t get any updates if you stop it.
May it is better to wait until Mathieu is back from vacation in a few days.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

My first NFT art, going to sell this on the Cardano blockchain asap. rendered in E-cycles of course.

6 Likes

Hello,
I have a problem. A simple scene with several trees renders much faster with regular Cycles than E-Cycles plus E-Cycles doesn’t render shadows properly. What I mean is that materials with transparency cast opaque shadows. Same issue occurs with viewport render and camera render.
First is the render with Cycles, from Blender 2.90, 32 samples, 14 seconds.
Second is the E-Cycles 2.91 render, also 32 samples, 52 seconds.

These are my settings for E-Cycles, the rest is just default:

I am sharing just a single tree that reproduces the problem, saved in regular Blender 2.90. You can import it to E-Cycles.

or here: https://we.tl/t-TfGPPxspbk

Are you able to help me?

Hi, I checked the file but I have only 2.93.
I cant render in regular Blender, do you use Progressive Refine in 2.90?

If I disable it render work in Blender 2.93, it is also the slowest render mode.
It is also transparent shadows disabled in E-Cycles.
Please check your file with the same version of E-Cycles or better use the same latest stable 2.92.
If the issue is the same send the file + report to @bliblubli over the report function in Blender Market or in reply of a mail in Gumroad.
Edited file: https://pasteall.org/blend/bebd3f88efeb4bd887367a57ea5a951c

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what you said. What do you suggest? Shall I first save the file in regular Blender 2.92 and then open it in E-Cycles Blender 2.91? Can you tell me step-by-step?
“If I disable it render work in Blender 2.93, it is also the slowest render mode.” - what do you mean?
Yes, I used progressive refine. Should I disable it?

Hi, progressive refine is the slowest way to render, disable it.
It also not work in Blender Cycles 2.93 with your file, my image shows the result.
Best is to use the same version of E-Cycles and Cycles.
Blender is backward compatible but it is not recommended to use newer files in older Blender versions.
I can check more today on my Linux workstation, it has older versions of Blender installed.
What happen if you render my edited file in your E-Cycles version?

Cheers, mib

1 Like

But I didn’t use newer file in older Blender. I moved a model from Blender 2.90 to E-Cycles 2.91.
But I did what you suggested and saved the file first in regular Blender 2.91 and then moved to E-Cycles 2.91.
Here’s what I noticed:

• with progressive refine renders complete tremendously faster, both in regular Cycles and E-Cycles,
  • rendering indeed goes faster in E-Cycles, but shadows still render as opaque; I have no idea how you fixed it - they render properly transparent in your edited file but not in my files; what have you changed?
  • there appeared another glitch on an image rendered with E-Cycles - white pixel splotches, like “camera hot-pixels”; this doesn’t happen with regular Cycles at all.
    My GPU is GTX 1070, scene was rendered on GPU, certainly.

Here are some examples:

Cycles 2.91:

E-Cycles 2.91:

Hi, I cant test E-Cycles 2.91 but I set “Transparent Shadows”, disable “Caustics”.
I don´t need it in E-Cycles 2.93 but you can set Direct Light Clamping.
I still not understand why there is a difference between E-Cycles and Cycles 2.91, may you can ask @bliblubli when he is back from vacation next week.

Cheers, mib

2 Likes