- High Quality Denoising mode
- and SSAA viewport for crisp textures and details-rich denoising
See the latest posts in the thread for more details.
Render faster, meat your deadlines and spare a lot of money. E-Cycles is a fork of Cycles which renders up to 2.5x faster out of the box when using NVidia GPUs, up to 13x using new options and with same visual quality, up to even 41x faster for real time speed. Better than other third-party engines, E-Cycles is 100% compatible with all your assets, scenes and add-ons so you can start rendering faster and get better denoising the second after you unpacked it!
On top of very fast rendering, you get viewport denoising (E-Cycles RTX, works on GTX 9xx, 1xxx and RTX cards), and improved and very high quality AI Denoiser (an example of it’s better detail preservation at 32 spp versus 256 samples with Blender’s denoise node), new modifiers and much more.
What artists say
You can find more testimonials in the ratings section.
You have an RTX card?
To get the best performance and use hardware ray tracing, you can get E-Cycles RTX on Gumroad. The following chart from user Hyesung show the benefits compared to Cycles OptiX:
Johannes Wilde did a nice archviz render in 8 seconds with E-Cycles RTX and a single 2080Ti using both the RTX optimizations and E-Cycles AI Denoiser add-on:
The RTX version supports a subset of the standard version’s features. Please have a look to the known limitations on the product page
How does it work
The speedup out of the box (open the file, hit render) is achieved thanks to:
- better memory access
- better parallelism so that all CUDA cores are better occupied
You can get more speedup thanks to the following new/enhanced options:
- An enhanced path simplification (up to 3x faster, stacks with the out-of-the-box speedup)
- A new AI denoiser addon which works at very low sample (interiors can be rendered for animation with less than 200 samples, compared to over 1000 usually.
- an option to only do the pre-processing step once per video for flythrough (where only the camera moves, only available in 2.79x based version, based on a patch from Lukas Stockner)
- Scrambling distance, which both reduce the noise and offer better performance.
You can have a look to the following video for a result of using most of the above mentioned techniques to get about 14x faster render (5 minutes to 22 seconds on a single 1080Ti). A short tutorial showing how the scene was setup is included in all E-Cycles versions.
Scene from Evermotion
Other advantages of E-Cylces
- regularly updated with weekly builds, ensuring you always have the latest improvements made in Blender.
- get fast support and bug fixing
- render cleaner images at the same sample count (all versions)
- spare time by using auto tile size
- buy a much cheaper and more quiet GPU yet having the same performance as the big one
- each improvement will be public and proposed to the Blender Foundation a year after it’s first release
- cleaner viewport in typical interiors using path tracing with CUDA. Here is a user comparison at 10 samples:
Still on 2.79?
E-Cycles exist also based on Blender 2.7x:
- it has an option to get the exact same output as master, with still up to 1.7x faster rendering compared to master.
- it is build on the stable 2.79.x version
- the 2.8x builds are also available as a bonus to slowly switch to it
- Denoising with the new Intel denoiser is much faster
- the preprocessing phase is only done once in fly-through videos (were only the camera moves), allowing to render such videos in under 10 seconds per frame on a single GPU:
Another example with complexe refractions, subsuface scaterring everywhere (all the food has it), etc. and rendered on a single 1080Ti in 22 seconds per frame:
You can get E-Cycles 2.79x here https://gumroad.com/l/SeYhy
What users do with E-Cycles
A remake of Sintel:
Very nice exteriors by @EntityDesigner (more in his renders thread):
You can see more videos on my Youtube Channel too.
Want to learn how I did it and make your own version of Blender?
You can also learn how I did it with a course to create your own Blender version.
If you took part to my course, you can get any version at 50% off, just ask per PM.
If you provide a proof that you are student (university or college), PM me, you can get E-Cycles 2.8x with 70% off.