E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi, can you please add your GPU and Blender version you use?

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Sorry, you’re right:

(2) 1080ti
Blender 2.92.0
E_Cycles_2.92_2021_release_cryptomatte_v20210305_win(CUDA)

2 Likes

Also skipped SuperResolution feature that can be game-changer with 64x preset on-board with much more faster rendering speed and quality! Sorry, oops! :blush:

Thanks for posting that link which explains the confusion. It seems that in February 2020, I ended up paying for a bundle of both 2019 and 2020 which Mathieu refers to as paying for 2 years. As a customer receiving updates for 1 year, paying backwards through time wasn’t a concept I’m familiar with.

I’m happy for you you can click on buy with over $500 without even reading the title of what you buy! How should I make it clearer that it’s 2 different years versions than by writing it in the title?

This file is indeed rendering rather slowly, thanks for the extra testing, I’ll have a look at it asap!

Hi,
sorry, what do you mean? If you have a file rendering as fast in Cycles and E-Cycles, you are welcome to make a bug report on the platform you got it from (answer your confirmation mail on Gumroad or click on “ask a question” on the Blender Market product page)

1 Like

I also hope some genius will come and bring real competition with open source solutions!

New builds of E-Cycles 2.93 are up!

Some big new features are in the work. For now, you can benefit from the latest Blender 2.93 features!

4 Likes

Made with E-Cycles recently:

by Luana Marquardt:

by Tomasz MuszyƄski

by Tim Barton

by JesĂșs Sandoval

by byrok_

2 Likes

@bliblubli
Hey Matthieu
what about this feature request? → Filename in the header of the batch console.
Possible?

Thank you for being happy for me rather than continuing to accuse me of lying, which is why this discussion took place at all. I’ve never even mentioned pricing until making the comparison to your competitor that someone requested. Maybe you reacted the way you did because deep down you agree that it’s an unbelievably greasy and unprecedented thing to charge people for 2019 two months into 2020.

It’s curious how you’re constantly surrounded by liars in the form of customers, competitors, Blender Foundation. Even the links you provided to prove k-cycles “stole” from you seems to not say what you claim it says and in some cases, quite the opposite. I wish you all the best in such a troubling world.

5 Likes

I wanted to share my thoughts on the area portal. In the interiors, a nice function would be to change the plane to the portal. this could be done with separate. Do you think it will speed up the workflow? is it possible to do?!

1 Like

Domiek,

if you bought something wrong by mistake,
the guys from blendermarket are very helpful and will help you to solve such a situation.

I have bought a wrong E-Cycles version in 12/2019 over at Gumroad, one mail to Mathieu and my situation got insta fixed.

This is at least my experience.

1 Like

@bliblubli
I don’t know if you look at feature requests, but I do have one when comparing E-cycles with octane: the baking camera.
Last weeks I worked both with the latest free Octane for Blender and of course E-cycles. I recently bought a RTX 3090 and from my (maybe subjective) view, E-cycles is way smoother in the viewport and faster in rendering (I did not do a side by side comparison, that is not my point of this post); also less noisy (but could be settings).
However, the main reason for me still wanting to use Octane is the baking camera. And especially the feature “use baking position”. I render for game development and I know you are not supposed to try bake reflections and transparency effects, but Octane sure does a good job at that. If you use the “use baking position”, Octane bakes a texture from the camera position and not from a fixed point just above any surface, like Cycles does. Is this something you could add to E-cycles? That you can preview a bake in Octane in the viewport is also special, but is for me more a bonus feature.
I think this post is an old discussion on adding this to Cycles and why they did not do it, but the need still stands for me and others. I think for a short time this was even added to Cycles and removed again.
https://developer.blender.org/T40375

So saying I charge $549 for one year was a true story for you?

I’m not charging anyone. I offer options, user choose. I never offer alpha products alone on the Blender Market. If you are happy to get an alpha product only which will crash for 5 months (most of the time the first stable release of Blender in a year is around late February/early March with fix release), I always offer the pre-orders of the next year alone on Gumroad.

Which one (exact link)?

1 Like

Hey Dave,

Sorry about that one, I’ll look into it today!

1 Like

I was thinking about it since some months too. Will look into it next week!

1 Like

Hi Flup,

thanks for the suggestion. Asking for copies of a feature can actually lead to issues. This is why the Blender Foundation also ask to only give pure Ideas.

Best is to say what your problem is and some own thoughts about how to solve it.
So your main missing feature is that you would like to bake angle-dependent light information if I understand correctly?

New builds of E-Cycles are up!

• 2.93 builds updated with the latest Blender 2.93 improvements
  • Premium versions now also support Linux

A feature comparison table was also added to the product page (“Which version is the best for me” section) for an easier overview.

2 Likes