E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Thank you . I will send it when I have some time.

Now I can not save my renders…its says " permission denied " …is that also a blender or Ecycles issue?

Permission issue are always an OS thing. Blender and E-Cycles don’t manage permissions themselves. Please ensure you want to save in a directory you are allowed to write to.

A wip version of the new documentation is available now!
It already includes:

• advanced techniques and tips on how to push the performance and denoising quality even further
  • how to use light groups in the viewport
  • and more.

Render done by Artur Szóstakowski with E-Cycles and Vegetation!

You can get E-cycles and many great add-ons with 25% off during the Spring Sales on the Blender Market!

3 Likes

Nice, thx!

There are some new clevo dtr around the corner :slight_smile:

https://bestware.com/en/news/2021/xmg-ultra-17-rtx3080
(I’m not affiliated with them, but a satisfied customer since about 2012)

Distant World 2 main animation on Steam was done by Tim Barton with E-Cycles!

1 Like

Ok I bought 2021 RTX version. Looks great so far. I’m just wondering if the baking is working? Because it gives me black texture. But it works normally in standard cycles. Should I use some other version?

Anyone using E-Cycles with MacOS and AMD card?
I wonder if it’s worth $74.25 since it has all features but the base speed-up?

Hi Siniša,
baking is available in the CUDA builds only to provide optimal performance (Blender also uses CUDA silently).

1 Like

Hi,

AMD cards on Mac are not supported anymore, CPU rendering will be supported.

The base speed-up is indeed only for CUDA and due to lack of modern OpenGL on Macs, light groups are also limited to the compositor version. Still a big improvement for lightning workflows.

All other features like the speed-up offered by the AI-Denoiser (4x to 10x less samples required for stills = 4x to 10x faster rendering on CPU too), faster workflow, presets, lightgroups, AO and clay, etc. will work on Mac with CPU.

1 Like

Hi, Mr. @bliblubli:

After reading theese days about the affair of E-Cycles and K-Cycles (for me a sad affair) today I have renewed my suscription to E-Cycles.

Downloaded last 2.92 version and I have a problem with viewlayers:

It manages the “Hold Out” parameter erratically. I open the same file both in last E-cycles version and in Blender 2.92 and in Blender works perfectly but in E-cycles layer Hold Out does not work. Sometimes render incorrect elements in the viewlayer, other times diferent results…

Could you help with this? Thanks and keep your imppressive work.

2 Likes

I answer myself:

Its because of Persistent Datahttps://developer.blender.org/rB50782df42586a5a038cad11530714371edaa5cd4

I dont completly understand how it works in conjuntion with Viewlayers. But it is strange. Suppoused it is implemented in 2.93 Alpha, but it is present in 2.92 → We need a faster BVH build time - #55 by EAW

1 Like

Hello Mr. @dogdayfear ,

you’re welcome, thank you for the support! I’m happy you could find the root of the issue.

E-Cycles has persistent data since 2.9x and also had it in 2.79. Only 2.8 had issues in between due to bugs and design changes in Blender. The 2.92 version of Persistent data was limited to walk-through where only the camera is animated and should be only enabled when everything is ready for rendering as it will keep everything as is after activation.

The 2.93 version coming from Blender uses the new work by Kevin for fast viewport updates iirc and is thus more flexible, allowing incremental updates, but also very new, which can lead to issues. If you find any bug with it, you can report them on developer.blender.org.

E-Cycles 2.93 was updated!

• fixed background rendering on Windows and Linux.
  • all 2.93 versions now include the new persistent data feature of Blender 2.93!
  • E-Cycles Lite for Linux is available.

3 days left to get 25% off on Pro!
Happy rendering!

Which version do I need a license for to run on iRender.net?

I only offer render farm pricing per case. Starting price is $10K however, so it’s rather meant for big studios / render farms providers. iRender can contact me if they want (Blender Market page, “ask a question” button) and we can discuss offering E-Cycles for render farms (those are special build meant for optimal performance with high GPU count) to their customers.

Horizon by Wisnu Anggadipha, made with E-Cycles.

You can see more on his artstation page: https://artstation.com/phramenra

1 Like

E-Cycles Nebulae Edition (Windows and Linux) and E-Cycles 2.92 for Mac are now stable and have their own page!

The 2.92 Nebulae edition is based on a custom development by a studio which gave permission for wider use. It was improved a lot and can now render spaceships, planets and several other objects with same performance as before! It was used to fully render the main trailer of Distant Worlds 2:

The Mac version has support for CUDA, offering state of the art rendering performance for Mac users! Other features like light groups in the compositor, AI-Denoiser (up to 10x less samples required), fast AO and Clay with smart override and more can be used with CPU rendering too.

There is now a tutorial playlist available freely on Youtube!

Several of them also works with the $1 version of E-Cycles. More will come over time, including the latest ones with the new 2021 features. You can find the full playlist here:

The Pro version also has extra tutorials available in your downloads, I recommend to watch those if you haven’t yet!

Happy rendering!

3 Likes

Very nice interior by @odil24 made with E-Cycles:

You can see more of it in this thread.

Very detailed nature render by @Khanh_Nguy_n

Original thread

1 Like

Hi. I already asked about this and I got as an answer that this issue is related to Blender and not Ecycles. Still I think it is something about the combination in the compositor that makes this:

I do not know if someone else bumped into this. If you check on top of the composite screenshot you will find a stripe that suppose to be black or empty (no background) but after Ecycles denoise does its trick it becomes colored by a bloom or gradient on top of the frame. I tried this with different ecycles versions and computers…even projects, It is an issue that happens only with the ecycle denoiser…

Did anyone else got this when using ecycle denoiser and transparent backgrounds?

Thank you