E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

For now final render SSAA and the light groups improvements changes are for 2.93 only yes to prepare for the 2.93 final. It will be ported to 3.00 when finished.

@mib2berlin found one scene where CyclesX is 10% faster than E-Cycles out of the box. Thanks a lot! So it looks like in some rare cases, it could be useful to make a build based on it. Everyone finding a scene where E-Cycles is slower is welcome to provide a scene :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m wondering is Scrambling Distance possible with Cycles-X?

Here comes one:
E-Cycles 20210427: 400spp - 9:56
Cycles X 20210429: 400spp - 5:30

That makes almost 70% speedup, right?

I think it would be great to have a test build of E-Cycles X.
Especially when working with Archviz interiors with many light bounces, you get a significant huuuge speedup - and the best - progressive rendering and it’s future proof.

E-Cycles 400 Samples Noisy Image 9:56

Cycles X 400 Samples Noisy Image 5:30

E-Cycles Denoised

Cycles X Denoised

6 Likes

eCycles have more light bounces turned on, look at the color of bounced light. I think if you render th same image on FAST eCycles settings, You will get the same look as xCycles and lower time. Please try

2 Likes

How SSAA improve renderings? what we get better?

And another thing
 If you use only 200 samples witn eCycles the result will be the same

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong: I am the bioggest fan of E-Cycles an I enjoy how good it is. But I think it will be good to jump on the new Cycles Branch asap.

1 Like

Hi, I guess he is looking into at moment but CyclesX lacks to much features at moment.
No multi GPU, GPU/CPU, bevel shader, volume and so forth.
Anyway, interessting times ahead.

Cheers, mib

2 Likes

I would like to See, what it could be when they would join forces

2 Likes

Would be amazing to see this feature in upcoming E-Cycles releases:

4 Likes

lovely feature! I am always short on VRAM for textures.

1 Like

Probably, the question is more if it will bring as much performance. Maybe the answer will come later :slight_smile:

Thanks for the test Johannes! But like 2 other scenes I got submitted which where faster in Cycles X and looking at the second output being much darker and with colder indirect light, it looks like it is indeed only due to Cycles X terminating the rays earlier. I still need a scene which renders as fast or faster while keeping the same GI quality. For now, only @mib2berlin (thanks again) could submit a file which was rendering correctly in Cycles X and 10% faster than E-Cycles RTX. More files like that are welcome :slight_smile:

Or maybe there is even better :slight_smile:

I also love that, but It’s only for CPU for now. As it’s a pretty big change and Cycles is undergoing a big rewrite, it’s better to work on the GPU version when the new code base stabilizes.

Yeah, I don’t expect another 2x speed improvement on top of Cycles-X, but it should become way less noisy with the more coherent rays of Scrambling Distance. So it’s probably faster this way. Can’t wait for E-Cycles-X. :smiley:

1 Like

Made with E-Cycles recently:

Bot

by Michael Weisheim Beresin

BREITENBACH LANDSCAPE HOTEL

by Luana Marquardt

Architecture

by Desiree Segura

Into The Transcendental Light

by Wisnu Anggadipha

Architecte d’intĂ©rieur

by Desiree Segura

Blender Nebulas

by Burnin’ House

Photo Real Gold Shader

by Rafik Rezgui

Architecture

by Desiree Segura

1 Like

Brick House

by Artur SzĂłstakowski

2 Likes

New builds are now available for both E-Cycles 2.93 and E-Cycles 3.0!

• E-Cycles 3.0 now has OIDN 1.4
  • All versions have an even better denoising, especially for fine details thanks to SSAA being now available for final render. Hairs and nature benefit a lot from this improvement!

https://twitter.com/MaxPuliero/status/1391758621587894277

• Light groups can now be denoised during render too, so that the compositor changes are much faster
  • New option “denoise all passes” to denoise all selected passes for which it makes sens
  • Even faster rendering of complexe scenes
  • a ton of smaller improvements and polishing

Happy rendering!

4 Likes