E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

builds on gumroad say 06 14 2020 and not today’s date. Mathieu can you update the downloads?

Updates are at the bottoms of the downloads today.

Indeed, due to a bug in Gumroad’s UI, new builds are ordered automatically and you will find them at the bottom of the page.

Hey guys, does anybody know what is the fastest way of baking Ambient Occlusion in E-Cycles RTX 2.83?

I have bake option only in CUDA and CPU mode, and I only managed to bake it with CPU.

E-Cycles standard is the best version for Baking using CUDA. It should bake faster and is more memory-efficient. As a general rule, CUDA-only features are best used with E-Cycles standard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made with E-Cycles this week

Awesome nebulaes animations by Tim Barton

@Luan3dr creates really nice archviz

@johannes.wilde did a really cool work in progress serie on his ‘Koerfer House’ project

EANIIX did some cool mix of real and rendered footage:

2 Likes

On this build on GumRoad ,“E_cycles_2.83.2beta_v20200628_win_rtx” it says that libfftw3-3.dll is not found.

ChristianVFX you might get a quicker response if you contact mathieu thru your gumroad email. Search e-cycles in email and write him there. I have yet to try it on my computer but will try it shortly. I am using windows 7.

2 Likes

I have the same error message. ChristianVFX did mathieu help you out.

Yeah he updated it on GumRoad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks CristianVFX,

1 Like

Any news on the preprocessing phase cache? For archviz animations this could be a game changer and frankly I mostly bought ecycles hoping this feature would be integrated at some point like it was in 2.79

2 Likes

It’s in the high priority list. The promise of the 2.8x depsgraph was to integrate or at least make it easier to implement this functinnality. I didn’t want to work on something the BF said was planned, which would have made the work been done twice. As it looks like it will indeed take a very long time to come, I put it back to the top. I’m finishing the doc for 2.83 and adding some new tutorials. After a break which I still didn’t take, I’ll be back to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

E-Cycles is participating to the funding month with the Blender Market. 10% of all sales made in July will go to the Blender Foundation Development Fund.

E-Cycles 2.83.2 release candidates and new E-Cycles 2.90 build are available:

• new button to setup the full light group passes in one click. It takes the according collection names. You just have to setup your lights in collection and hit the button to have all the passes available in the compositor. If you update your scene later, you can sync all layers with a single click :slight_smile:
  • Denoising quality with the slow mode was further improved
  • The Shadow Terminator patch from @skw was backported to have both stability and functionnality (it’s available in the object properties)
  • A lot of smaller improvements and tweeks to polish the user experience were integrated
  • as usual, you also get all the upstream improvements :slight_smile:

Happy blending!

3 Likes

Hi, I really got an update mail from Gumroad, my goodness!
Very nice addition of Light Groups, a long awaited feature, and short but clear video tutorial.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

@anon71893420 ask in the Cycles developer thread about E-Cycles, I try to give some information.
I don´t know how @bliblubli get the performance code wise but he use some AO tricks, different Cuda kernels and latest OIDN version 1.2, for example. Cycles use 1.0.
He use patches from different developers include them in E-Cycles long time before it lands in officially Blender release (if ever). Adaptive Sampling from Stefan Werner was created April 2019 but need one Year to land in Cycles.
Important for me is a easy to use render UI with presets, all in on place and so forth.
Same for denoising, one click and you get different node setups for OIDN.
Last features was Clay/AO render kernel which are really really fast for preview render and light groups where you get group from collections with lights and/or world environment again with one click.You can change lightning without rerender.
There is much more but I don´t like block of text and this is more as I am usually post.

Cheers, mib
EDIT: OIDN library was updated today to 1.2 and will land in Blender 2.90.

2 Likes

Sidenote: AO tricks are only by the speed-oriented presets use those, so it’s a user choice to use it.

You can get E-Cycles with 33% off now on the Blender Market with the coupon code summer.

https://twitter.com/Entity3D/status/1281012648658841613

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_blender/status/1280320454444580865/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_blender/status/1280320454444580865

4 Likes

What is the E-Cycles Nebulae Edition? it says it is tailored specifically towards Nebulae Rendering, but what does that mean? Can I only render literal Nebula with it or is that some sort of rendering method?

Hi. I have a question. Is the add-on renewal charged after purchasing E-Cycles?
Not a permanent update?