E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi,
E-Cycles works forever. The support period including updates is per calendar year on the Blender Market or per trimester on Gumroad.
If you take the calender year version, renewal of support is at 50% off, which is less than $7 per month for standard and $12.5 per month (paid per year) for E-Cycles RTX.

1 Like

The current plan from the Blender Foundation (as far as I know) and several GSoC projects is rather to bring the BPT main functionality (sample all lights) to regular path tracing and merge both into one. It will include OptiX support of course. As to when it will be available, you can try to ask Brecht.

The out-of-the-box speed-up is only for CUDA and OptiX. E-Cycles AI-Denoiser can speed-up CPU rendering because it requires 4 to 10x less samples, but itā€™s only for F12 rendering for now.
You can use E-Cycles with OSL through @LazyDodo add-on brick tricks by converting your OSL script to a Cycles node group. You can check if your OSL script are fully supported by it. If yes, then you are good to go :slight_smile:
Bevel and AO nodes are supported by E-Cycles standard.

New builds are available now based on 2.83.4 and 2.90 beta :slight_smile: (since 2 weeks now actually, I recommend to allow email updates in your privacy settings to be sure to get all news, including special offers, etc.).

Hi Benny,
thanks for the report. I canā€™t reproduce your issue. Can you send me a mail or contact me on the Blender Market with:

• your configuration
  • a blend file to reproduce
  • the exact E-Cycles version you used
    Iā€™ll have a look to it asap.

Yes, it is, but it is working 100% like in Cycles. You just have to use it like in Cycles.
Iā€™m working on a new method which resolves the memory usage and huge export time issues of the official version.

2 Likes

I like the Idea, Iā€™ll have a look to it asap and report :slight_smile:

New builds of E-Cycles 2.83.4 and 2.90 beta are available for Windows and Linux with all the latest improvements of upstream and a new add-on added for free:

• New feature: E-Cycles 2.83 and 2.90 now include a Light Group add-on to adjust your lightning with full samples quality in post in some seconds. It creates the UI and node tree for you with a single click. You just have to move some sliders to get the perfect setup. A huge time saver when the clients changes his mind regularly. The tutorial is now available on Youtube with subtitles!

E-Cycles is on sale until tomorrow on the Blender Market.

Happy rendering!

5 Likes

Made with E-Cycles recently:

2 Likes

New E-Cycles 2.83 and 2.90 builds are available.

New Feature:

• you can now adjust the tint of your lights with E-Cycles Light Groups add-on

Happy rendering!

2 Likes

@bliblubli hi. Why after writing your settings (that in red box) Blender cannot found available Gpus for pathtracing on user pref and also cannot use Gpu for LuxCoreRender too:
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/download/file.php?id=8258&sid=a745a5872ba36c96447a9fcdf00e1d1c&mode=view

BUT If remove this settings from regedit it works fine. So that settings are so important for me?

Hi,
thanks for the report. Itā€™s the first time I hear about that. The most important one is TDRDelay. The other one only help some people for whom the TDRDelay setting is not enough. So if you have issues using all settings, I would recommend to remove all but TDRDelay and restart.
The issue may also be due to a driver or OS update. What are your driver and OS versions?

1 Like

New builds of E-Cycles 2.90 are up:

• The UI for the Light Groups panel strength and tint was streamlined
  • Fixed: Optix was unavailable on some distros in the last 2.90 version
  • Fixed: some translations could be activated but had no effect on Linux
  • Includes all the latest improvements and fixes from upstream

Happy rendering!

2 Likes

@patoaltaco made a very nice archviz this week using E-Cycles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Windows 10 Pro x64
Core2Quad Q6600 @2.4ghz
3Gb Ddr2 800mhz
Gtx 1060 6gb Gddr5 192bit

But as you saw ny post on LuxCoreRender forum in Win7 x64 with v442.19 driver it worked fine, BUT on Win10 Pro x64 and with up v441.58 and above version if that your settings write up than it will disappear GPU (CUDA) options from any GPU renderer. Dont know if it from Win10 bug or Blender or Nvidia driver. Strangeā€¦

Thanks for the details. If it works with some OS and driver combination and not with others, itā€™s very probable to be an issue with the OS or drivers. However, many users of E-Cycles use Windows 10 with latest NVidia drivers (451+) and custom TDR values in registry. So there may be something else going on here.
I would recommend staying on the working setup first, then investigate what happens on Windows 10 if you really want it. I heard there are some issues with GPU memory management option in latest Windows 10, which also leads to invisible GPUs. Maybe reinstalling Windows 10 and using stock settings to start with may help?

@bliblubli, :joy::joy:I had been one mistake I think: :open_mouth::open_mouth:registration all values with 64Bit of QWORD, is it changed anything (different With DWORD 32BIT?)? in your pdf you wrote just TDRDelay with QWORD 64Bit and others with DWORD 32bitā€¦

Hi,
if you are unsure, you can delete your manually made values and use TDR Manipulator as shown in the installation tutorial. It may solve your issue, but as you said it is only happening on Windows 10 with some NVidia drivers, if it persists, I would recommend staying on a OS+Driver combination which is known to be working.

1 Like

E-Cycles 2.83.5 and 2.90 updated:

• New feature: you can now apply the strength and tint of your light groups to the light themselves for final rendering! If Denoising is checked, it will also automatically generate the E-Cycles AI-Denoiser tree with the configuration you chose for high quality denoising and faster rendering.
  • a bug was fixed with the AI-Denoiser generation failing in some files were compositing nodes were disabled.
  • the new builds include all the latest improvements of their respective upstream branches.

Happy rendering!

4 Likes

Two quick questions:

1. Will the new nvidia Ampere cards work with E-Cycles RTX?
  2. If I purchase E-Cycles RTX 2020, does that give me updates until 1 year from now? Or just until the end of this year?

Thanks!