E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Mathieu, after your support pause, consider add " transform-navigation-snapsource" Branch too in E-Cycles, very useful for archviz/precision modeling and to setdress scenes.

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Merry Xmas Mathieu,

maybe redo the “optimum settings” tutorials for stills and animation.
Possibly on the base of architecture and Cycles X.
I always found those very helpful, but there are tons of new and renamed items now…
Thank you!

2 Likes

Can the animation denoising feature be used on an existing EXR sequence? The current method has to render all the frames before the denoising can start. I use brenderon to manage my rendering project and I really need a feature to denoise existing EXR sequences.

1 Like

In case this isn’t possible - I really recommend the Resolve temporal denoiser with a touch of the spatial NR as well. On top of a 90% blend OIDN render you can get really nice results with lower samples.

2 Likes

Hello,

First : Happy New Year

A small “bug” I found in the latest version E-Cycles_X_Pro_RTX_2022_3.0_release_20211224_win
I got this :

The 2 planes are visible but :

But when doing this :

The planes are not visible anymore :

this is working with : E-Cycles_2.93.5_release_20211014_win_rtx(Optix) and with blender 3.00 with cycleX

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Do you think it could be possible to see the light linking working with collection override ?

I don’t see how to make it work like this :slight_smile:

Best regards.

1 Like

Just FYI I believe Mathieu is on break! I’m sure he’ll be back on your questions soon enough!

1 Like

I think you’re right but I always post this cat when I really need something :wink:

3 Likes

I’m new to this, so not informed why e-cycles vanished from the blender market. But lets start with questions:

1. The prices is 14o, but if you want to use the benefits of RTX and animation denoising its 299. And its only for 2022… so a one year support only?
  2. If you work on another Os, me on macOS, you will need another build to make your files use the same render, which adds 99.
  3. Haven’t found a renderfarm supporting E-cycles.

So, why is that all so expensive?

I’m not involve in this project but I’ve got all my renders almost 2x faster and my graphic card worse 2300€

So for me 299 is OK, but it’s just a point of view :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I’ll have a look at it asap if it’s not already in master (?).

@Prettypicturegirl noted on my todo :slight_smile:

@xyahr It is now implemented, it’s called “manual denoising” iirc and is available in the AI denoise panel.

@stilgarna thanks for the report. If it’s still happening with the latest builds, I would need a .blend file to reproduce. You can contact me by answering your Gumroad confirmation mail (“You got E-Cycles” or equivalent in your language)
For the collection override, it will be trickier I think. I’ll see what I can do.

@RobertLe E-Cycles is made for professionals. Generally, an artist will get his money back after 10-20 hours of work spared. If you work in archviz or lighting, you can easily spare those 10-20 hours within less than a month. All the time spared on the 11 other months is for you/your client. You can also do the math with GPU prices as @stilgarna showed. Actually, both adds up as E-Cycles saves you render time / cuts your hardware budget and also allows you to produce much more artworks in the same time thanks to the workflow improvements. You can use Barista or any other automated AWS rendering software with E-Cycles and make your own render farm. It’s more affordable on top, so it’s what all E-Cycles users I heard from do.

New builds of E-Cycles are up for 3.0.1, 3.1 and 3.2 with lots of improvements, including manual animation denoising and more!

Made with E-Cycles recently:

https://twitter.com/biXenneXib/status/1497143597434609666?cxt=HHwWhIC57e2K9sYpAAAA

“Forest Retreat, Sweden” by Tommy Feutry made with E-Cycles.
You can learn and see more on the project page.

Iron Age Broch by @Rob_Marshall

“Project FNU” created by Tommy Feutry with E-Cycles! You can see more on https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EaaVo8

Awesome “Icelandic House” by Gabriel Fuentes made with E-Cycles.

Happy rendering!

4 Likes

I’ve now been using e-cycles for a couple of years for my still images and the light mix feature is huge for me in addition to the speed tweaks which are much appreciated. Thanks, Mathieu

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

you can now get the 3.1 release candidate in your download! It includes tons of improvements to usability (e.g. manual animation denoising for existing exrs animations), performance and feature set (geometry nodes in Blender 3.1 became even more awesome). This update is free for all 2022 users.

A huge work was also undertaken to port E-Cycles to Metal for 3.1. Light collections, light linking, state of the art denoising and more are all now on Mac with the speed of Metal. Both arm (M1) and Intel Mac builds are available now!

Icelandic House by Gabriel Fuentes, you can see more on https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qQ0KxL

During the week-end, you can get 50% off on E-Cycles 2022 with the following coupons:

Happy rendering!

Mathieu

3 Likes

Is Metal rendering accelerated noticeably using E-Cycles, or is it relatively marginal gains like with CPU?

Thanks.

E-Cycles X speed-up now is based on the facts that you will need 2x to 8x less samples for the same results. As cutting samples by an X factor gives about the same X time speed-up, you can now render 2x to 4x faster on all devices: OptiX, CUDA, CPU, HIP and Metal. OptiX still has the possibility of an 8x factor thanks to animation denoising.

The old NVidia-only speed-up of E-Cycles was merged into official Blender and everyone can benefit of it for free. I still have some slight changes that were not included during merge giving about 10-20% boost on NVidia hardware, that’s what the $1 version of E-Cycles offers with multi-pass denoising on top. If Metal shows that it can get those 10 to 20%, I’ll do a $1 version for Mac too maybe.

Even before the move to the new system, most users said they would have bought E-Cycles for light collections alone and light linking is also very successful. The extra features save a lot of manual time where you need lot’s of layers, photoshop, fighting with the poor mask system, etc. with vanilla Blender. Slot duplication, render overlay, etc. E-Cycles makes professionals life much easier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, indeed it does make professional life much, much easier! Thanks again for everything you do M!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

E-Cycles 3.1 is officially available for PC and Mac!

Tired of clicking, waiting for your render to finish and having to switch apps? Spend more time creating with light collections for ultra fast lightning setup, render slot duplication and render overlay for the fastest iterations workflow, portal creator for automated and optimal low noise setup, state of the art denoising for gorgeous renders in seconds and more! All of this with access to all of the latest improvements of Blender 3.1, including latest geometry nodes and more!

You can watch the full feature tour here.

“Aquarium” by Paweł Pęcherzewski:

Focus on your art and get access to the full professional feature set now.

Happy rendering!

Mathieu

3 Likes