E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

In basic terms, a call to action would be a brief product description, followed by:

Click here to buy now!

Then your list of features…

…and bar graph here.

Then have your gumroad link again at the bottom:

EDIT: MUCH more clear the way you changed it. :slight_smile:

got it now, thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: I’m a noob at selling my work.

No worries, dude. I wish you success. If you succeed, the Blender ecosystem grows, and we all win. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

#bliblubli, I definitely buy your course, and I would like to see more training course or continuation of this course in more advanced way. I am the person who like to know “how” it works to do changes by my own and not to wait for someone who maybe do this. In conclusion, for me course is better than “ready” faster blender

1 Like

You are welcome over there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the reason why patreon fails for code is that I can’t post a 2x speedup to Cycles every week. And people don’t want to pay for nothing between 2 updates. Patreon is good for projects that post regularly small updates.

2 Likes

Hello,

There is something I don’t get. I often see people talking about a training course, but can’t find it. Can you help?

yes, it’s here: Create your own Blender, with new modifiers and faster rendering

As promised, screen grabs. scene is a very rough 200 sample render of a baked fire sim to see if 2.8’s domain stuff worked ok. 1280x720 at 100%. i’ll say in advance, as above my previous results weren’t this good, but anyyway
stock 2.79

E-Cycles:

33mins → 5mins 8-O

6 Likes

How does this compare to stock 2.8?

indeed, impressive speedup. It’s the first time I see E-Cyles used with volumetrics :slight_smile: Explosion are rare in architecture/town planing visualization were my work was used until now :smiley: So this example is very welcome.

sorry, i don’t know. i didn’t want to try 2.8 until it’s a proper stable release, but mathieu’s posts seduced me into trying E-Cycles cos i’m rendering an animation and i wanted the extra speed. no doubt some other users will be posting comparisons in due course.

Do you think you could include the Scrambling Distance/Dithered Sobol patches here in the next 2.8 build?

EDIT: just pulled the trigger on the course and see at least a Dithered Sobol build is included!

I’m working on dithered sobol. Together they do indeed bring some substantial speedup in some cases, but also break scene lightning in other. So I work hard to make it all work nicely. The goal of E-Cycles is not only to make rendering faster, but also to reduce the number of human decision as it saves a lot of money for professional, sometime even more than saved GPU time.

1 Like

Yes dithered sobol and other more experimental things are in the course indeed. E-Cycles however only has the stable additions. The rest will be added over time when it’s stable enough.

1 Like

I was a little skeptical of this thread at first but frankly the proof is in the pudding.

I’m having a hard time understanding why the BF would reject these speedups if they are that significantly faster than current Master.

I personally don’t need this myself (EEVEE is good enough for me), but I commend @bliblubli for the hard work and dedication and putting up with OSS evangelists who think everything should be free no matter the cost.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work dude. You’re teaching me everything that I need to know in the easiest way possible way to understand over in your Blender course and it is really fun. The Cycles speedup stuff is awesome and pretty damn cool that you taught us to do it ourselves. :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to code for spit but after watching the first weeks course I was building my own Blender in a few minutes. Now anytime I get an idea, I can quickly go code it and run a build.

It is awesome and amazing to see your own code in the Blender ui then have it actually work. That is a great feeling.

You’ve done an amazing thing here so just keep your cool when someone asks a question… it is just a question and nothing more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The speedup E-Cycles brings is certainly as much as what the RT cores would bring and it helps everyone, even with old generations. Is 10€ that much when you buy an RTX 2080Ti at 1200€ ?

1 Like

E-Cycles + RT is possible indeed.
For the integration, it’s the long term goal anyway. For the “suddenly”, I’ll see if it happens.

1 Like

The new weekly build is up. Performance should be a bit better with denoising.

You still have a week to get 12% off. People buying now will benefit from the reduction for the following months too, even for a full year and will benefit from the upcoming feature update next week :slight_smile: