Render faster and spare a lot of money. E-Cycles is a fork of Cycles which renders about twice as fast when using CUDA. I offer full weekly builds based on Blender 2.7x and 2.8x just like the buildbots, with support.
You can buy E-Cycles now on Gumroad based on Blender 2.8x or 2.7x to get all the features that will come in 2019. Their is also a monthly option for 2.8x.
It also includes tutorials like one to reduce the render time of this Evermotion scene from around 5 minutes down to 22 seconds per frame on a single 1080Ti using the new AI denoiser:
With E-Cycles, you can:
- render 1.7x up to 2.4x faster with CUDA and regular path tracing, using the same settings or render much more realistic images in the same time as the normal release (see table in the FAQ for more details)
- get fast support and bug fixing
- render cleaner images at the same sample count or have the same noise as official Blender
- spare time by using auto tile size
- buy a much cheaper and more quiet GPU yet having the same performance as the big one
- the improvements will be submitted to the Blender Foundation after a year
- February update: 5% faster and with the new Intel denoiser. This render took 7sec at 100% (4 times the resolution of the original BMW benchmark file) on a single 1080Ti:
- March update faster viewport in typical interiors using path tracing with CUDA. Here is a comparison after 2sec of rendering in the viewport with master (noisy, 64spp) and E-Cycles (much cleaner, 7spp):
And E-Cycles live viewport rendering in Evermotion’s scene 009:
A comparison of the 2080Ti with master and a 1080Ti with E-Cycles in 2 scenearios, interior archviz(classroom scene) and product advert (BMW scene):
*times from the 2080Ti are from https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/48006-zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-amp-extreme-im-test.html?start=9
If you took part to my course, you can get any version at 50% off, just ask per PM.
If you provide a proof that you are student (university or college), PM me, you can get E-Cycles 2.8x for 29€/year or 3€/month.
Professionals can get the 2.7x build:
- it has an option to get the exact same output as master, with still up to 1.7x faster rendering compared to master.
- it is build on the stable 2.79.x version
- the 2.8x builds are also available as a bonus to slowly switch to it
- Denoising with the new Intel denoiser is much faster
- the preprocessing phase is only done once in fly-through videos (were only the camera moves), allowing to render such videos in some seconds per frame:
You can also learn how I did it with a course to create your own Blender version.
This render from an Evermotion scene took 2m:55s on a 1080Ti using E-Cycles:
Original scene from https://evermotion.org/shop/show_product/archinteriors-vol-43-for-blender/14563