E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi Math, are you also implementing CPU usage? Or maybe I misunderstood?

I am, but it is beta and only for testing purpose for now.

1 Like

So here is a comparison of the master denoiser and new E-Cycles denoiser:

The noisy image at 36spp (is the same in both master and E-Cycles):

The master denoiser (21sec render time):

and denoised with E-Cycles (21sec render time using current builds, 10sec render time using the improved processing time):

Most of the render time is preprocessing and postprocessing in all cases. The actual path tracing is done in 3sec.

Edit: By the way, it’s the blend file from evermotion as is, with only the spp at 36 and the compositor denoising. So it’s setup in some seconds.

7 Likes

People who would be interested in a version with only the AMD and CPU speedup (10 to 20% faster) plus the new denoising node with 50% off can put a like on this post.

7 Likes

Doing a direct comparison, the E-cycles denoiser is indeed smoother and produced far better results in a few areas.

However, it turned the upper cabinets into a simple green box, muddied the detail on the wooden floor, and actually changed the shape of the legs under the left table in spots. In any case, it’s still a foolish thing to think the latest in AI and machine-learning tech. is going to produce miracles.

1 Like

It’s a 36spp render, I will add more examples at higher spp and with better settings.

New weekly builds are available.

Edit: a dll was missing, it’s now fixed.

2 Likes

The builds for OpenCL/CPU rendering are coming, including the new denoising node.
Although it’s intended for stills, the new denoising at 36spp looks like that in videos:

Stay tuned.

2 Likes

A 4 AAspp BPT render of the 2.78 splash screen with the new E-Cycles denoise.

The OpenCL and CPU build will be available soon.

1 Like

Question?: Could you make 4 renders of the same still. 26spp, 72spp, 130spp, 260spp. I think any denoiser for pro use in the end is to eliminate the small noise.

E-Cycles for CPU and OpenCL at half the price is now available. You can see a comparison of the denoisers here E-Cycles for CPU and OpenCL with new denoiser

Edit: Merged back with the original E-Cycles, so their is one product for all devices. (with still the choice between 2.8 and 2.7)

Here are some examples of the 2.78 splash screen by Juri Unt (www.cgstrive.com)

If you want a version for CUDA, which is also 2x faster to render than official version, you can get it here for 2.8 https://gumroad.com/l/tsTuV or here for 2.7 https://gumroad.com/l/SeYhy

You can also see a video of classroom made at 36spp here E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now! - #499 by bliblubli

If you want to learn how to add such functionnality, make rendering faster, add new modifiers and create your own Blender, you are welcome to take part to this course: https://gumroad.com/l/ecycle/kn67150 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, if I currently have the CUDA version, can I access to this one for free?

Thanks.

Yes, the OpenCL improvements are already in the CUDA version. For CPU, their is a beta build at the bottom of the CUDA product page.

Eager to see this develop further. And cool to see the split.

you should work for blender institute

5 Likes

I have merged your most recent thread with this one. You already have an active thread for E-Cycles. You don’t need a new thread to announce updates to it, no matter how dramatic.

It’s was a separate product actually. But I merged it back also on Gumroad now. So there is only 2.7 and 2.8 version again. Note that CUDA remains the focus of E-Cycles for now, the speedups in OpenCL and CPU rendering are bonuses.

Dithered sobol is fixed, new builds are coming soon.

1 Like

i need to know if you are deciding to continue splitting up the plugin because that is a huge red flag for me, i expect to pay for it and get everything in one package. its kind of a bad move to have a separate product instead of raising the value of your current one.

It was a split only for people not needing the cuda improvements. All the improvements to OpenCL were already from the begining in E-Cycles, just not used by anybody because the small 10-20% speedup was not worth the price for many. With the new denoiser, some asked for a lower price for those only needing a part of the features. So it was just intended to make it more accessible for low budgets. For CPU, their is a separate beta build also already available on the product page. Anyway, the splitting is over. So everything like before :slight_smile:

By the way, since release, E-Cycles got:

• about 5% faster rendering
  • a new sampling algorithm to reduce the needed samples by about 20%
  • a new denoiser.
  • an optional beta cpu build.
    And that although I said there is only one feature update per month. So I indeed raise the value of E-Cycles regularly, you got the double of what was planned until now :wink:
1 Like