E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Regarding the render you posted, this scene requires much more than 300spp, a fast preset (the tutorial shows how to keep equivalent lightning while making render faster) or an optimized lightning.
CPU + GPU rendering only works well for 1000+spp renders. At 300spp, your 2 2080Ti alone will be faster I guess.

The render from Boostclock has no denoising, because the fast and very fast settings are noise free at 100 samples most of the time, even in complex lightning situations.

Ah okayā€¦thanks for the clarifications :slight_smile:

Have some time this weekend to play around with settingsā€¦anywayā€¦a render time of around 1 minute per frame is satisfactory when doing animationsā€¦

BTW: Any news on a new dev branch release for threadripper? No hurry for macOS as my 1080Ti card is still on repair since over a month nowā€¦and I will probably move to Radeon VII for macOS due to NVidia drivers absence now and DSR doesnā€™t do AAC on Linux (o;

Doe I something wrong ?
When I mix cpu and gpu I get a gpu only and after finishing it starts a mixed render afterwards of the same frame.

Is this some config / installation issue ?

Hi, I use GPU/CPU render all the time, often GPU alone is faster by the way.
Add your system specs and E-Cycles version, please.
It would be nice if you upload a small example .blend for testing.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

E-Cycles 2.8 RC1 is available to download for Windows, Linux and Mac on the way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good morning Mathieu

Youā€™re fast (o;

BTW: On which gumroad library is it? Donā€™t see it in the dev-branch 2019ā€¦

1 Like

E-Cycles 2.8 RC1 is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux. It has all the features of Blender 2.80 plus:

• up to 2.5x faster CUDA path tracing and baking
  • Quick quality presets to render with very high quality or even faster than Eevee. The following fly-through rendered in less than 20sec per frame at 1080p on a single 1080Ti)

This scene takes even less than 10 seconds per frame

• AI denoising
  • Scrambling distance
  • Adaptive Sampling
  • Dithered Sobol
    and much more.

You can get it now on the Blendermarket or Gumroad.

1 Like

bliblubli,
in your builds, there are always duplicated some internal plugins,
can you please remove it?

Thanks

4 Likes

Maybe @bliblubli you should try this

https://developer.blender.org/T66754#719806

I get tons of dupes too that I have to deleteā€¦ oops, didnā€™t mean to reply to youā€¦

damn and sorry. this is great. i thought it is an emissive plane.
purchased!
and forgot the ā€˜bakeā€™ discount
Hope you see some potential by further improving bake denoising and make it more batch accessable like e.g in BakeTool .

There is lots potential when you bake down for unreal and unity and it could give E-Cyles another nice use case.

Another question. Do you know if eevee s irradiance probes are calculated with cycles or are they calculated in eevee.
We are searching a way to export these too.

1 Like

I had a quick search of these topics, but didnt find anything of interest:

In Vray, there is a ā€œ2D Displacement Modeā€ (but only when using the CPU), which is very light on the RAM and renders pretty fast. In Cycles, using my RTX 2080 however, i can use displacement only very sparingly without crashing my scene. Does eCycles have any improvements in that direction?

Is there any plan on integrating biased caustics? As it stands now one has either to render it very slowly or turn it off, as far as I see it.

I have plans for something similar (fast ā€œ2Dā€ Displacement), I just have to find time for it :slight_smile: For biased caustics, itā€™s not on my todo list yet. They render ā€œfastā€ with path tracing (only 20% penalty in my test) but require huge amount of samples to look right due to Cycles nature. But with the AI denoiser, you can already spare a lot of samples.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have a look to those duplicates asap.

@jachtarfranko @norka @AndreasResch @mag.py @KRUChY : fixed.

3 Likes

Welcome on board :slight_smile:
Iā€™m working on a batch solution, I hope to release something quickly after the 2.80 official release.
About Eevee, no Idea. I think devtalk.blender.org would be a good place to ask and you may also get some hint over there on how to export those.

1 Like

Thanks BB! Does that mean that RC1 in downloads does not have bug?

Yes. Just download the RC1 version again.

I removed the duplicates indeed. Like every software on earth, it still has bugs. You are welcome to report if you find one before final release :slight_smile:

My video card is down. How much of a speed boost could I expect using just my CPU? Thanks