E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

The summer sale will last until Sunday. Users who bought E-Cycles this week or already did, will get a free upgrade to the Optix version when it’s released. Current user results report up to 4x faster rendering and even the current version of E-Cyles is faster than Octane in many cases.

5 Likes

thanks, no worries for most needs I can just use ai quality 2. :+1:

2 Likes

bliblubli - just wondering , did you just decide to make this a free upgrade to the Optix? since yesterday you mentioned it will be 300 euros to upgrade.

Does anyone know how well OIDN denoiser runs on amd processors like 3900x ??? how much slower that i9-9900k? cause intel has avx512 used by oidn and amd ryzen 2000 has avx128 and ryzen3000 has avx256 .

1 Like

Will users who bought E-Cycles just before the summer sale get the free upgrade to Optix? :grinning:

1 Like

Hi, and yes: https://gumroad.com/l/tsTuV/summer

@wilBr, cant answer directly but OIDN need only a few seconds on a i5 3570K for an HD image.

Cheers, mib

2 Likes

My last work made with E-cycles :smiley: @davorin

Full work.

You can get full scene from Gumroad here → https://gum.co/OfzPM

3 Likes

A bit confused…is Optix going to be included in a Monthly subscription or I should buy a perpetual license with weekly updates?

1 Like

Hi Mathieu.
Do you can send me this setup (.blend)
Would help for further communication.

BakeXECycles.

Which Oidn Release you have currently integrated?

1 Like

Where did I say that? Anyway, I will say it hopefully more clearly. Every user who bought a full year of update of E-Cycles before 5th of August will get the upgrade for free. So even if you bought in December 2018 at day one, you will get the upgrade.

Yes

10 characters

Hi
Unfortunately the last ryzen release build ( with OIDN 1.0.0 ) is missing the cubins.
Also blender can only be started via a starter or terminal, not directly cause of wrong pie options and seems to be a debug build ( bigger as usual ):

$ file blender
blender: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/l, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=02fe10d8d7033de59ccbfa71564818c2270ed8d2, with debug_info, not stripped

Went back to rc3
EDIT: forgot to mention: in rc3 the rpath is stil wrong for libOpenImageDenoise, had to fix it

Jens

Hi Bliblubli! Concerning the upgrade to Optix, what about those of us who are on your monthly sub?

There is no subscription for the Optix version planned for now and the current summer offer is much more interesting financially speaking anyway.

With E-Cycles Optix, even if you are on the lower end of the speed-up with Optix, with a single RTX 2070 at 450€, it’s like you get another one for 64€ on Gumroad or 74$ on Blendermarket, sparing 386€.

If you get 4x speedup like @BD3D, you spare:

• with an RTX 2070 you spare 3*450 - 64=1286€.
  • with an RTX 2080Ti you spare 3*1100€ - 64 = 3236€ and
  • with 2x 2080Ti like BD3D, you spare more than 6000 euros.

But I’m also happy if you wait for next week :slight_smile:

Note also that the scene preparation phase is much faster. On a very slow Ryzen 2200G at 3Ghz 4 threads, the BMW scene takes 5-6 sec to start rendering, with Optix, it starts in less than a second.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, fixed since some hours :slight_smile: For the rpath, it’s really weird, it’s done by a script and it didn’t change between RC3 and final. I will have a look again.

If you want to upgrade to a full year, I can deduce what you already paid with subscription and apply the 25% of the summer sales on the rest if you want?

2 Likes

canceled the monthly subscription and took “full year” … devil tempter))

3 Likes

So, basically I need to cancel the monthly subscription and change it to weekly. Ok.
I guess the rtx2060 is also supported, right?)

1 Like

Hi Jens, my download has the cubins, @bliblubli fix the DL today, I can start it directly.
Size is 192:180 MB.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Yes (yearly you mean I guess) and yes :slight_smile: