E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Where can i find e-cycles rtx monthly?

As far as I know, what he speaks about in his tweet is for CPU only. Viewport denoising for GPU is coming with the OptiX improvements. NVidia is working on it, so as always, I prefer to work on improvements which can stack with other’s work.

1 Like

Hi Narcis,

E-Cycles RTX monthly will only come in 2020. For 2019, the 25% off coupon for E-Cycles RTX is available until tonight.

Cheers
Mathieu

1 Like

/* Codename E-Cycles Next */

2 Likes

Hi, just a quick question, Sobol is the default patterned, but in terms of noise and speed is dithered sobol always a case by case use?

Yo! I have started a thread about Instancing + Graswald + Scatter + E-Cycles… In a post Octane LightWave world… Please swing by and join the discussion if you can bring anything good to the table. Being a former LightWave user is in no way required, but being a former Octane user (or one who is still, but now predominately uses E-C) is a plus. : - )

1 Like

Okay, so I’ve had some free time today, for the first time in a long time, while crap renders in my B-Renderon stack (damn I love that thing!)…

Mathieu, I actually suggested to the dev of B-Renderon recently that he try to find some way to override commands somehow to designate which GPUs to use for rendering… But now that I have been able to allocate more than a couple hundred brain cells to contemplate this stuff today, I am now really wondering if there is anything that YOU can do, to allow us to tick off which GPUs we want to use, for any given blend. In other words, without touching prefs… Is that even remotely possible on your end? If so, someone like myself could save an E-C blend file with GPU’s 2 & 3 to render, pop that bad-boy in B-Renderon, and continue crankin’ with GPU1 in E-C working on the next scene. I have to tell you bro, this would completely rock my world (and presumably many others), if you could pull this off. So, is this doable at all? It’s worth noting (since we often use Octane as a measuring stick for various things E-C related) that Octane not only has the ability to designate GPUs in final renders, but even which GPUs to use during IPR preview rendering (definitely in LW, but I believe all the Octane plugins).

Edit: It is not lost on me that both E-C Blender and a blend in B-Renderon would both be tugging away at system resources, and maybe that would cause an occasional crash etc, but I have been able to do a lot of work (comping in PS, edit video in Resolve) while two of my GPUs were rendering in Octane LW…

1 Like

Hi,

it’s still a case by case decision indeed.

• Sobol is fast and robust (works on all files). So if your time is the most valuable resource, stick to it.

If render time is the most important:

• If dithered sobol was free of correlation issues, I think it would be the best sampler. At low sample, it definetly improves the noise, even more when combined with low noise/scrambling distance values. At high sample, it brings little to nothing, but it is as fast as standard sobol. If your scene has no artifacts with it, go for it.
  • Adaptive sampling has potential, but at least as a user, I could only get benefits from it for volumes and motion blur. If your scene has no blotches with it, go for it.

Kind regards,
Mathieu

Hi @norka ,
you can simply call a script when you run command line renders with B-Renderon. This script can activate the GPU you wants. As it’s pretty easy to do on the B-Renderon side (just add a user defined script to the command), I think it’s the best solution. Changing it on the Blender side is a much biger task.

Oh… he really didn’t seem to think that was possible on his end. I wonder how he doesn’t know this… I’ll send him your way and maybe you can help him. Thanks BB! I’m thinking that big picture this is something that should really be considered. Lots of Octane folk use that feature all the time - enable display GPU too if they want to temporarily speed up IPR renders, then disable again while working on a scene. Or if they want to work on something else during a final render - can un-check display GPU, even if in the middle of a render, and that GPU becomes freed to do display duty - and has the ability to put it back to work on the render when no longer need all resources for display.

Hello BB,
I am wondering how to download the Linux version. Do I have to buy it again?

If it’s done by a python script, one could even code to get the devices to use from a text file, which would be read between each frame. Something like (exact operators/paths are in the API docs and UI):

• bpy…render(),
  • read file (simple .txt modified by brenderon at any moment),
  • bpy…deviceX_use= true,
  • next_frame,
  • bpy…render(),
  • etc…

Thus, the display GPU could be freed or reactivated during an animation render.

1 Like

Hello Rafbr,
if you took the all OS option, it’s included, otherwise, you can contact me per mail by answering any updates email from E-Cycles.

Hi Mathieu! Yesterday I posted this proposal on right click select. Is it something that would be hard to implement in e-cycles?

1 Like

Would be cool to also see E-RTX-Cycles build …

Though I have only AMD GPU’s I … dam … almost regret not being able to get me a few RTX 2080TI’s

1 Like

Here is the full chart :slight_smile:

1 Like

For 2020, as Apple has dropped CUDA since a long time now, most users either upgrade to a newer MacOS for other apps to run or just switch over to PC. So I’ll probably drop the E-Cycles for mac version.

OptiX nor RTX are going to be supported either, so the future is definetly on Windows and Linux until someone port Cycles to Metal.

If you need A Mac version, you can contact me per PM/Mail/Blender Market support and we can discuss a custom price and update rate for your use case.

2 Likes

New builds of E-Cycles are up for all platforms:

• Both the CUDA and RTX version are faster.
  • A bug with separata HSV node was also fixed.
5 Likes

Hi Bernardo,
the first variant should be doable on Cycles-only side, the second one would need a good design code-wise to work for different renderer. I’ll have a look and report.

1 Like

I definetly recommend the 2080Ti. Those are extremly efficient, silent, fast and stable now. The speed is just amazing with E-Cycles RTX and more is to come :slight_smile:

1 Like