E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hope he and his people and family will be healthy.

Sure he will be back.

I will post here my issue:

I informed him that I was interested in Linux Version. I use Debian 9.
After his answer I purchased E-Cycles.

I downloaded 2.82 Linux Version, and it does not work. Executed in a console throwns this error:

./blender: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11’ not found (required by ./blender)

1 Like

Excellent! One of our top Linux experts will be with you briefly…

Hey Linux experts, one of you get your ass over here and help this dude!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1: :+1: :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi again, reply to his mail and he will answer.

Does official Blender 2.82a work on your system?
Debian is known as very stable distribution therefor they use older libraries as Ubuntu or Opensuse. As far as I know Debian 9 use libstdc++6 version 4.9.2-10.
My Opensuse use libstdc++6 version 10.0.1.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the report. I indeed had to focus on the official support channels to adapt with the new situation with the family. As @mib2berlin said, you can answer any mails about E-Cycles to contact me and I’m still often answering within 24 hours even. I know at least one E-Cycles user on Debian 9, I’ll double check on my test computers and come back to you asap. Please still answer my mail from today for example to make it easier to follow :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

E-Cycles was updated and is now based on Blender 2.90. It includes the new extude with automatic dissolve and intersect.
On the pure E-Cycles side, their is a new AO render kernel for the RTX version (along with supported and experimental). CUDA is under way. It already renders the BMW scene in real time in the viewport and do final renders at 1224 spp in 2 seconds on a single 2080Ti!

Happy rendering! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just testing the new 2.90 build, tried it on 2 scene(1 person project and the other with the BMW scene), both final frame renders are wash out versus the viewport render, anyone else getting this issue?

I’m running Optix version with the supported features.

Same here. The final render is much too bright. Even the “transparent checker pattern” when render strarts seems to be overexposed

Hi,
thanks for the report, was a bug in Blender. Fixed and the new builds are already available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

E-Cycles 2.9 now has memory pooling with NVLink support! You can now render scenes with 24GB of fast GPU memory using 2x 2080Ti cards for example.
Thanks to P.Mours for the patch.

The new builds are already available on the Blender Market and Gumroad :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is great news! I wish it was announce like a week ago :grin:. I passed on a good deal for RTX cards because of the lack of Nvlink support.

Uh? What exactly is this product? Why would a rendering addon/modification interfere with modeling by adding extrude with intersect? I mean sure, it’s useful feature, but just bashing random features from different areas into one product feels very weird, and takes away credibility.

It’s a part of the new 2.9 build from blender. The author of this addon is letting us know that his build with e-cycles has the new features included that the blender devs have added to the Official 2.9 build. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

I know Mathieu must be busy at the moment so I’ll ask here.

I’m not clear about what changed in the latest builds. Maybe there are some new features. The thing is, both view-port preview and render looks grainier than older builds.

The last build I’m still using is E_cycles_2.83_v20200318 (on Windows).
After that, any other builds gives me this result:

What am I missing?

1 Like

Ah… that’s what got me confused.

I looked to see if I could download v20200318. It is not available for download. Can it be made available? Is that the rtx version or just E-Cycles? Thanks

Thanks, @bkjernisted
It’s jut E-Cycles. I could share the zip with v20200318 but I guess we need to see if @bliblubli is OK with that. Mathieu?

1 Like

I will send mathieu an email and see if he can make it available. Thanks phoe-nix-art.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it has been pointed out before but using the normal node is causing my material to be completly black. It happens with 2.83 and 2.90 but no problems on 2.82a.

@bliblubli Subsurface Scattering is broken for me with CUDA GPU on the latest build (E_cycles_2.90_v20200416_win). It works fine with CPU, CUDA with just CPU, and OptiX. It’s working with CUDA GPU on the latest official 2.90 nightly.