E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi,

1. yes
  2. E-Cycles RTX 2020 gets you a calendar year support. If you want 12 months of support, you can take a membership on Gumroad https://gumroad.com/l/E-Cycles-RTX-M and it will take the exact day you start at into account.
    Note: Upgrades from a calendar year to another is 50% off. So E-Cycles standard 2021 will cost about 5€/month ($150 x 0.5 reduction x 0.84 euro-to-dollar / 12 months) for people with the 2020 version (for the same reason, E-Cycles RTX will be at about 10€/month for them).
1 Like

New builds of E-Cycles 2.83.6, 2.90 and 2.91 (alpha, windows only) are available on Gumroad and the Blender Market!

2 Likes

Thanks, Mathieu!

So I had E-Cycles (non-RTX from gumroad) in April 2019, but plan on getting E-Cycles RTX (from Blender Market) next month. So…

1. Would you suggest I purchase the 3-month subscription to finish 2020 and then sign up for 2021?
  2. For 3-month on the link you provided, its “€135 every 3 months”. Making it €45 instead of the non-discounted €20 you implied in your note. Sorry, I’m a bit confused, since I expected it to be €20/mo x 3= €60 instead of €135
  3. Since I had E-Cycles previously, does that make me eligible for a discount?

Apologies for the confusion and eternal thanks for the patience and hard work! :slight_smile:

Is it safe to download latest 2.90 release? Is it the final stable release?

Hi, release day is today, E-Cycles 2.90 was from 28.08.2020.
It is save to use it but it is not the release build.
We have to wait a few hours/days until Mathieu update E-Cycles.

Cheers, mib

3 Likes

E-Cycles 2.90 has been updated today!

There’s also an updated 2.83.6_win_rtx from 28.08.2020, while 2.83.5_win_rtx is stable, .6 is crashing here when entering edit mode, even with factory settings loaded. Does anybody have this problem as well?

2 Likes

Yeah I stuck with 2.83.5 until 2.9 stable releases

Hi,

1. for you financially speaking, it’s better if you take E-Cycles RTX 2020 for 149€ (50% off because you bought E-Cycles 2019). Still cheaper per month than the membership and it will make you elligible for 50% off on 2021.
  2. Memberships are a complete separate system. They have a constant price. The price in my note above are for the upgrade of the calendar year version and I computed the equivalent price per month for comparison purpose. Those are paid per year.
  3. if you got the calendar year version of E-Cycles 2019, you can get E-Cycles 2020 (standard as well as RTX) with 50% off. Normally it’s only for users uprading as a pre-order, but as Gumroad email delivery is very random, I give the reduction longer to ensure everyone can get it.

To contact me, please answer your confirmation mail for E-Cycles from Gumroad or any other update email you got about E-Cycles.

1 Like

@AlexeyAdamitsky the stable releases of 2.90 are up now.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I didn’t change anything on my side, so it’s probably a bug which was introduced in 2.83.6, and it will be fixed soon by the BF. I’ll update the builds as soon as the bug is fixed, I recommend to stay on 2.83.5 or 2.90 in the mean time.

1 Like

E-Cycles 2.90 release is available. Improvements since 2.83 first release:

• New light groups add-on: Automatic light groups passes creation with automatic denoising setup.
  • Quick and easy to use strength and tint tweaking for your lights in post. Get the perfect mood in seconds and with a few clicks
  • Plus all the 2.90 improvements

Happy rendering!

3 Likes

Can I use Denoising Strength with Light Groups?

1 Like

I wonder what speeds E-Cycles will reach with the new 3000-series RTX cards. Should mean a significant decrease in render times, right?

1 Like

What’s the difference between the permanent(?) license and a membership?

EDIT: Also, anyone compared this to Nvidia’s RTX patch for Cycles?

Great news! Is it out on gumroad as well?

Hi,
I just want to share to you some bugs i’ve encounter with e-cycles

In E_cycles_2.83.6_v20200828_win trying to go in edit mode crash blender.

In E_cycles_2.90_v20200901_win and E_cycles_2.90_v20200819_win the principled volume have an issue as the density is not working (emission strengh is ok).
It is working find in E_cycles_2.90_v20200629_win

I’m on Windows 10 with a i5-9400f, 48go of RAM and a gtx1060 6gb super

Am I the only to have such issues ?

Thanks by advance

Good Idea, so you will soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

E-Cycles RTX with a single RTX 3090 should be as fast as 2x RTX 3090 with vanilla Blender on average.

1 Like

Yes it is! :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • The 2020 version gives you support and updates for the calendar year + upgrades for the next year with 50% off.
  • The Membership gives you support and updates for the period you choose, but the price is constant.

So financially speaking if:

• you are a professional and need fast rendering regularily, calendar year variant is the best
  • you are a casual user or only need a specific version for a small time period (like a single project) only, the membership may be better.
1 Like