E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

I restored everything to default in Blender, and I tried with the recommended driver version and the latest with factory default settings. No add-ons installed too. Still happened.

I managed to temporarily solve the issue by reverting to E-Cycles 2.90.1

1 Like

If you can provide a file and more info per mail / message, itā€™s welcome :slight_smile:

Hi, bliblubli.
I just checked my email for the coupon. I am a little confused.
Am I correct in assuming that the half-price right of the coupon is valid until next year, January 5, 2021?

I purchased E-Cycles and E-Cycles Rtx 2020 on July 15, 2020, and even though it hasnā€™t been a year yet, does this mean that you will stop updating the E-Cycles 2020 version on December 31, 2020 and focus on developing the E-Cycles 2021 version?

So what I am saying is that I remembered that I was eligible for renewal ā€œfor one yearā€ from the time I purchased E-Cycles.
However, the result was a bit of a shock as I was told that I would need to purchase again with a discount in order to continue receiving support.

This time, the plan was added as if it was a trace, so I really feel that the support for version up is a bit forced.

I think that the discount rate should be increased for those who purchased within the second half of 2020 (between 6 and 12 months).

Hi @anminmakura,

Yes, the coupons are valid until next year January 5 2021.

Yes, E-Cycles 2020 gives access to all 2020 updates for free and yes, itā€™s for 2020 only, thus the name E-Cycles 2020, itā€™s also written in the variant description to ensure everyone can see it.
If you find a way to make it more clear than writing it in both the variant name and the variant description, you are welcome to make a proposal. Even if I wanted, the Blender Market doesnā€™t offer a way to make something like subscription and 12 months support instead of calendar year.

Gumroad does offer this option. What you describe (your support start date being taken into account) is what Gumroad memberships do. If you prefer, I can recalculate the cost of 12 months of support as if you had taken an RTX membership for a year, only calendar year versions of E-Cycles give access to 50% off for the following year though. It would be 4x135ā‚¬ = 540ā‚¬ = over $650 not including the paypal fees and VAT that Gumroad adds.

Yes, I will focus on E-Cycles 2021 in 2021.

Again, you have the choice, you can take calendar years (which is much better financially speaking) and accept that yes, someone who bought earlier in the year had more support time or take memberships and have support for the period you wish, but itā€™s also more expensive on the long run.

Sorry, I donā€™t understand what you mean fully. Anyway, what is forced when you you get perpetual licences = you can use the 2020 version as long as you wish? From all paid renderers on the market, Iā€™m actually one of the rare offering that possibility still.

You can indeed find that about $7/months for standard and $12/month for RTX is to expensive.

1 Like

Also E-Cycles is compatible with Blender, so you can switch back to normal Blender anytime and all your files will work. You can apply the light groups with a single click and the rest should just work. You can then double your GPU power with new hardware.

I know what you mean.Thank you for the detailed explanation.
So the cheapest time to get long term support is to use the coupon in Januaryā€¦
I think Iā€™ll update in January, since I can secure some money in January.
Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Hi! I am having a problem with ecycles: the bevel shader in 2.91 seems to be broken. It works fine on the vanilla blender 2.91, but in ecycles the whole mesh turns black if I add a bevel node to the shader.

I am on win10 64bit, ecycles 2.91.0

Is this a known bug? Thanks!

Hey bliblubli, is there already an e-cycles Version of 2.92 somewhere? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Yes there is, at the very bottom of the gumroad page. I overlooked it, sry for the noise!

1 Like

Nvidia Optix is only just supporting bevel shader and AO shader in the latest alpha versions as far as i know. Yes itā€™s been known for quite a while that Optix does not support all rendering features but itā€™s gradually getting there.

1 Like

I forgot to add, I am using cuda

im not sure about E-Cycles to be honest i dont own it. But it does sound like its trying to use Optix and running into a problem of not supporting the bevel shader just yet.

that was the first thing I checked to be honest, as I had the same impression, however the system settings are set for CUDA, not Optixā€¦ maybe itā€™s something ecycles does under the hood, as vanilla blender do not give me this problem

Hi Bernardo,

the rtx version of E-Cycles only supports OptiX and 2.91 had no bevel or AO node in OptiX. You can use the standard version of E-Cycles 2.91 (without the ā€œ_rtxā€ in the name) with CUDA to render with the full feature set (or the 2.92 version of E-Cycles RTX if you are ok with alphas).

Kind regards,
Mathieu

1 Like

New versions of E-Cycles 2.92 are available with the latest improvements from upstream:

• faster rendering of high resolution images
  • new assets browser
  • improved geometry nodes
    and more.

You can get up to $100 off on the Blender Market during the support pause until the 4th of January 2021. Codes:

• $50 off on E-Cycles with coupon HoHoHo or
  • $100 off on E-Cycles RTX with the coupon HoHoHoHoHoHo

Happy rendering!

2 Likes

Itā€™s not clear, are the prices shown on Blender Market includng the sale price, or do you get a chance to apply the coupon when you buy?

Also, some versions are only listed as 2020 versions. So if a new version of Blender comes in January, we donā€™t get the E-Cycles version?

Mathieu is constantly releasing new builds based on alphas, betas and stable, usually every week or two, or maybe a month at the most. This is of course when he is not taking a break, which he does from time to time, as he should. He is one hard-working bloke. So if you buy E-Cycles 2021, you can expect to be able to access your E-Cycles downloads page and choose from a variety of builds, including all flavors of RTX/Optix and CUDA, with builds for 2.92, 2.91, 2.83, 2.82a, etc, etc. Heā€™s got ya covered bro.

Edit: Sorry, I just read your question againā€¦ I think your assumption is correct. If you buy 2020 only, you will presumably only be able to access builds up to a certain date (no idea what that is - maybe Dec31), then would need to upgrade to 2021 if new Blender bells+whistles come down the pike that you must have.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking into E-cycles for a while and went through some documentation now. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m reading. Is E-cycles multi-gpu now (running in the same instance of Blender?)

It supports multiple GPUS if thatā€™s what you mean. i run 2 GPU it works fine.

1 Like

Hi, I have a question about how to use coupons in the Blender Market.

For example, is it possible to use the already distributed code ā€œ$149 instead of $299 for E-Cycles 2020 (including RTX) license upgradeā€ and then use the code ā€œ$100 off E-Cycles RTXā€?

I think the end result would be $49. Is this possible?