E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

auto detecting ? wow

No im not.

I can share you one of my exterior scenes for testing E cycles speedups, I’m interested meet the performance in this situation, but I can’t buy E cycles in this moments for testing.

send you a PM

Here your request:

In 2:25 e-cycles rendered the 500spp AMAZING FAST :+1::+1::grinning:
With same settings. I just saved and opened in e-cycles, then disabled AO that e-cycles enables by default (for quick previews I think).
In 2:25 cycles rendered just 24spp. It seems that progressive refine is out of question.

small tiles seems to be fair play

3 Likes

Thanks for the comparison, I should have done this before actually :smiley:
E-Cycles doesn’t enable AO by default. If it somehow does, then it’s a bug, you can make a bug report per PM. But I opened this file again in 2.79x version of E-cycles and the bounces are at 0 (AO simplification disabled)

Bliblubli,
where is AI denoiser in new version,
I cannot see it …
Thanks

Hi I just checked the 2.8x windows, linux and mac version, it’s in. Note that it’s a an addon, so you have to activate it, maybe that’s the problem? Which version do you use exactly?

E_cycles_2.8_v20190406_april_beta_v2a.7z

AI denoiser is not part of it?

It is, you just have to go to your userpref -> addon tab and activate it. I also recommend reading the PDF docs, it has many tips and step by step explanation on how to get the best perf and experience with E-Cycles.

I have it, thanks …

1 Like

Their is a beta for E-Cycles 2.79x windows with Filmic log encoding. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKnhJN-BrQ for the presentation from Bartek Skorupa about why it’s so powerful and how it works. If enough people upvote it, it will be in the default build.

• Include latest official Filmic with log encoding
  • Keep cut-down Blender version

0 voters

oops click on wrong button…
well why this is not implemented in master already then ?

1 Like

A man can’t live of likes, something’s got to give…

Also, i doubt officials would just let this go in.
i.e. Do you see a scrambler anywhere near? It’s in a far distant country… under embargo. :stuck_out_tongue:

good question

All versions are now up as release candidates for the April feature update. Windows, Mac and Linux in 2.8x and 2.79x version, with Filmic as default as the vote clearly showed filmic as the winner.

To make everybody happy, I let the old color management available in 2.x\datafiles\ . You just have to rename colormanagement_old to colormanagement and you get the old colors. I’ll try to make some shortcuts to quickly switch between both later.

The documentation will follow in the coming days. 2.8x still has a small bug with glossy. A fix should come soon, then I’ll call it final.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the update.
I am nitpicking but there are several entries mixed upper case and lower case.
AI Denoise
SSS Transmission low mem(ory)
For example.
I can make a list and send you a PM.
These are little things but they are also important for the final build. :innocent:

Cheers, mib
EDIT: No list needed, it is in Quick Settings and AI Denoise only.

1 Like

I am missing something?, i can’t find the compute device, and experimental dropdowns in the windows build today…

Thanks for your attention!

NEW BENCHES 2x 2080ti

EVERMOTION 09

2.8 Master
1x 6:19
2x 3:35.47

2.8 E_cycles_2.8 from march 2019-03-04 hash:b24ee46e8185 “ecycles!28!denoise”
1x 3:30
2x 2:15

2.8 E_cycles_2.8_v20190402_win_multi_gpu
1x 4:02
2x 2:29

2.8 E_cycles_2.8_v20190409
1x 4:00
2x 2:29

2.79 E_cycles_2.7 April beta
2x 1:56

why 2,79 have such better numbers ? isnt the sli problem resolve yet ?

also could we have a better naming system? i find it very difficult to find on which version of blender im working on, so im not certain how to handle external add-ons anymore while on e-cycles if i dont know what exact version of blender im using :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oops, will be back asap.