E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hey, thanks so much pal! That was perfect. Not too many words for you or us! Maybe you should pop that into the manual on your next update to it.

I imagine that with the right settings and having the perfect noise in animations, it could really help achieve a film-like look… I’ll be playing with this as I pump out my test animations on the next batch I am working on now. Even though I used Octane seven years, I didn’t do nearly as much animating as I am these days, and thus did not care about this crap like noise-in-animations so much.

1 Like

I’m getting an error when I try to create or regen the denoiser nodes -
I’m using the 2019-10-21 build on windows 10 pro.

What pops into my mind is that:

1. You need to have a composer window open…

2. In the world properties tab to make sure it is not empty

So far I hadn’t got any errors in other situations…

cheers
richard

2 Likes

thanks! I had to add nodes to world and now it works!

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s only me, I cannot find Filmic Color Space in color management panel. Is it because E-cycle does not support it ? Or i set it wrong…?

Hi, it is in Color Management > View Transform

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Thanks for reply, but i did not see any other color profile except rgb. Checked both 2.80 and 2.81 version

Can you tell us anything about these “nebulae specific” optimizations? Are they just microoptimizations or have you changed the way volumes are sampled or something? I’m just curious, I like engine theory :slight_smile:

Hi can you add the exact E-Cycles version for example E_cycles_2.81_v20191020_lin.tar is my latest version on Linux.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

E_cycles_2.81_v20191013_win
and
E_cycles_2.80_finale_win_v2

Hi guys, silly question (maybe). I am using standard e-cycles in 2.80, not rtx, as I only have a 1080. Do we have ‘out of core’ rendering like octane and redshift? I’ve been putting e-cycles and blender 2.80 through some rendering tests and keep running out of memory on a character which is strange as it was working yesterday.

Some optimizations are from standard E-Cycles, but the biggest part is an optimized way of sampling volumes for this particular use case and also an adapted strategy of feeding the GPU cores with work.

Hi,
thanks for the report. Please do the report through the official support ways (Answer E-Cycles emails on Gumroad, or send a message through Blender Market.

Color profiles work for me too. Maybe redownload and re-unpack the latest version in a new folder to ensure it’s clean. If it still gives problem, you can try to reset the preferences to factory default. If it’s still an issue, I would need the full console output (up to the moment you click on the view transform options) in a text file send through the support ways named above.

Hi,

there is out of core rendering in Cycles/E-Cycles. Though as far as I know, only Quadros and Teslas support fast access to system memory with RDMA. So the use is limited on gamer cards because of the performance. It’s good for a few MBs to one GB, but many Gigabytes will just result in the GPU idling a lot, waiting for datas to come, negating any optimizations. Thus it’s available in E-Cycles like in Blender, but I only officially support scene fitting on the GPU.

That’s cool mate thanks. I had a play around with my scene to optimise it and e-cycles is now kicking ass. Just thought I would ask. Looking forward to the final v2.81 with e-cycles. Great work mate.

1 Like

New RTX builds are up:

• shadow catcher is working properly again

The Bconf resulted in only a few cleanup commits, so standard E-Cycles of last week is still valid for another week. If someone really nead one of the few fixes now, I can upload a new build. Otherwise, I concentrate on some cool new stuff :slight_smile:

The Gumroad coupons with 25% off on all 2019 versions of E-Cycles are valid until midnight: 2.8x, 2.8x+2.7x and 2.8x+RTX.

Just a little confused right now mate. I have the 2019 version of e-cycles. If I pre order the 2020 version how long does that cover me for? Sorry if it’s written in plain site and I’m not looking properly.

Edit - never mind. I read my email again.

If you are an existing E-Cycles customer and want to upgrade to 2020 (which includes all updates until the end of 2020), you can contact me. You can get E-cycles standard for an equivalent of 4€/month and E-Cycles RTX for an equivalent of 12.5€/month if you upgrade until the end of October (4 days left).

I send the mail in September. If you didn’t receive those because of privacy/notification configuration or so, you can PM me the email you used to buy and I’ll send you a coupon.

1 Like

#define some_cool_new_stuff (o;

1 Like