EA WATCH: Get banned from EA forums, lose ability to play purchased EA games

Apparently that’s what it sounds like, EA seems they may start to try to whitewash their userbase by banning all the people complaining about EA game quality and DRM and thus render them completely locked out of all EA games they purchased as well (don’t worry, they keep your money).

So if you see the EA forums full of praise and positive comments about games with bad reviews like Mercenaries 2, it’s because EA purged their userbase of everyone who thinks they’re a company that only wants to make money by making low quality games.

I think this is a good way for EA to lose even more customers then they lost with the start of DRM. Either way it could be the downfall of the company, they’re laying off over 500 employees right now with possibly more to come.

It’d be like if someone got banned from this forum they can’t use Blender for anything anymore (luckily that’s not the case).:eek:

Who cares? Most of EA’s games are crappy anyway. Not to mention this means they’re digging their own grave.

That the quality less 500 people contributing to the betterment of the game. This is quite an up roar. Thanks CD - now my day is complete!

IMO there is a difference between criticism and complaining just to complain. I would guess this is just incentive to keep people from being immature. (It’s not going to work, guaranteed)

If you’re going to complain in an obnoxious manner about the quality of the game and the DRM after purchasing it, despite what reviews say

1. Don’t buy or play the game, and
  2. That’s it. You win

See? EA can’t take away my games. I don’t own any EA games.

1. Yarrrrrr.

I guess the real tragedy is all the jobs lost. Still, they must have been really bloated if they could afford to lay off that many people.

Can’t complain in these days of guv’mint monitoring of our thoughts.

Cause they didn’t listen before or ain’t listening now.

Apparently EA lost their marbles, they’re going to make a Mercenaries 3 and maybe keep going to 10, after all the comments saying the game sucked and the bad reviews!?:spin:

Not to mention this means they’re digging their own grave

With news like this from this gamers will celebrate when the dirt is put over EA’s coffin.

I’m not even registered on any EA forum, nor did I know that it existed but I can play EA games fine. So how would someone getting deleted of the EA forum user list stop them from being able to play their games? Do they have to buy using their user name?

So how would someone getting deleted of the EA forum user list stop them from being able to play their games

It doesn’t.

Correction:
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=457006

Aaaaaaand [/thread]?

I see what you did there.

I really don’t like EA.
It’s stupid the hoops you have to jump through.