Eagle Born: Progress and Updates thread

The crusader of MiG alley, the F-86 Sabre

the infamous fighter of the lufftwaffe, the brain-fart 109, an agile fighter, but no match for the capabilities of the P-51 Mustang

the lufftwaffe’s most notorious fighter during WWII, the Focke-Wulf 190, regarded as the best fighter plane of WWII next to the P-51D

hey guys, just posting to say that the modelling for WWII in terms of planes is down to only two planes, i am debating wether there will be tanks or battleships or aircraft carriers, but we’ll see.

I like what you’re doing. The visual style seems similar to Red Ace Squadron, but we haven’t gotten a sequel from them so this is quite promising.

Keep up the good work!

I’d say hold back the tanks or other machines for the moment and focus on some action and prototyping of the gameplay. You’ve proven more than enough you can make the required models. Now you alone or with other people should prove they will not remain just some nice screenshots. Please don’t allow your game to fall into category “a bunch of nice looking models but nothing more”. I think it has the potential . Just my thoughts. Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

thanks goh, i am working alone, but i have been working on the gameplay and other things (menus, artwork, ai, etc.)

I agree completely, get a really smooth and fun prototype running, add your models, and then start thinking about other machines. Also, the variety of vehicles, terrain, and mission types may change as you work out your prototype.

Work on the gameplay first. Think of what you game requires for everything else to be useful. it is usually the core functionality of gameplay since things like menus, AI, models, ect. are not usable without a working game.

update:

game model is currently in progress. so far so good, the basic controls are now in stone for the planes without having to use any python, however i am currently in the process of learning python so i can add the physics of stalling, acceleration, ai etc. i am also working ona damage model. the wings and parts which can break off if being shot down are un-attatched and parented to the damagae model and will be used on all airplanes. stay tuned for rmore

-AJ

here she is for all of you RAF WWII fans, the Submarine Spitfire.

B-17 Flying Fortress . fixed the textures

-AJ

since today is the last day of black history month :smiley:

Here is the game’s namesake, the F-15 Eagle :smiley: My first modern-era jet fighter that i’ve modeled successfully (sort of) YAY! :smiley:

-AJ

The namesake of the game, the F-15 Strike Eagle :slight_smile: my first modern fighter jet that i hav emodeled successfulyy, yay :smiley:

-AJ

F-16 fighting falcon, rar :smiley:

-AJ

http://www.inkworm.co.uk/images/planes/a10.jpg
Flying warthog :3 anyway, the flight model should be coming sometime either this sunday evening or tomorrow. see you then.

-AJ

Be sure to check out the flight demo :slight_smile: it’s also in the works in progress forum and it should hav eeagle born in front of it :slight_smile:

-AJ

Oh dear, looks like maverick and iceman are at it again :slight_smile:

UPDATE:

All of the airplanes are now finished mesh wise, they just need to be textured. The only thing left is to start working on the actual game. stay tuned :slight_smile:

Somewhere over the skies of MiG Alley…