Easter egg painting challenge

Here are my new materials :wink:

The left material:

And the right one:

That is so epic egg paintings it’s unbelievable.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Pretty much used this as an excuse to play with all the shaders I don’t usually play with :slight_smile: only did 3 eggs in the end as head was hurting thinking about them!

Enjoy! All procedural. @Lars I borrowed your eggcellent egg studio and a few eggs, I hope you don’t mind!

Blend file is here, materials are what they are there may be a few dead nodes in the materials that don’t do anything or are turned off from where I was playing about setting them up. can’t guarantee everything is a good example of how to do stuff, I just played until it looked how I wanted but did the maths on stuff like the scaling on the SSS nodes etc. so should be good if I did it correct. Any questions let me know and I’ll let you know what I was thinking when I set it up if I can remember :slight_smile: noodle soup as well I should really get in the habit of grouping stuff more!

someone use cellfracture and wreck the eggs xD

Osl experiment :wink:

That’s a good one.

Some more Lyapunov OSL experiments :wink:

How do you use that?

The texture on “Toy Giraffe” looks so soft :slight_smile:
LSM

Truly amazing textures. I also think you have balanced the colors scheme very well :stuck_out_tongue:

You earned the title “Blender Egghead” by far (applaus!)

LSM

@Trirop
Lyapunov functions look great. Are you willing to share/show the script?
Agree on used color schemes - simple, very natural harmony.
Thanks.

They’re all great, but IMO this plain silver one is the best one yet for sheer elegance.

Thank you everybody for the nice words! :slight_smile:

Step 1) In the blender text editor klick on “Templates” -> “Open Shading Language” -> “Lyapunov Texture”
Step 2) Then add a script node in your material-node setup
Step 3) Select “Internal” and choose your script template you just made
Step 4) Click on “Script Node Update” in the text editor
Step 5) Share your results :slight_smile:

(ps: you need to turn on open shading language by setting your render device to CPU and by ticking the box under the selection menu; if it does not work -> Google is your friend :wink: )

Have a good day :wink:

Greetings from Germany.

Here are my 5. Hope you like them. There are some textures used, roughness on glass, wood and HDRI.

Hello,
I propose 3 eggs ^^

Happy Easter everyone!

Hereby my latest contribution. It has been great to see all the entries to this challenge. I certainly picked a trick or two on the way.

Please have a look in the .blend file and throw a comment if you like to. Regarding “Sunrise” I was struggling for a long time to make 12 point stars (6 long + 6 short) but I didn’t manage to. Anyone care to give it a try and share the outcome?

Hope you all had fun :yes:

So long!
LSM

Attachments

Easter egg.blend (3.62 MB)

yes, MORE TUTORIALS FOR NOOBS!

What would you like to learn? What are you having problems with?
Thanks,
Douglas E Knapp

animated : http://gfycat.com/DecisiveWellgroomedAmericangoldfinch

The node setup is a bit of a mess:

I believe someone in IRC described it as “ramen”. A great many of those are compound nodes that I use to convert texture coordinates into a sawtooth (extract the fractional part after subtracting floor(x) )