Ecclesia (World Screenshots and NPCs, & Animals)

im really interested, im so glad to see all your progress
can’t wait to see your 1st Trailer !!!

Fred/K.S

This is really an open world !!!
(Im truly impressed at the progress and also the world and all its details)
All the best !!!
Fred/K.S

your world is quite large…what is your draw distance set to 20K ?..I can’t guess as I do not know the actual scale of your models…

Last time I checked (about 4-6 months ago) it was between 700K and 1.5Mil.
It is so wide, I haven’t seen any clipping in the Skybox since last summer, when I first set it up.

The land mass is between 130-200K units across (Ecclesia is about 5-7 units tall), and the ocean is longer on any side than the land is across.

It is all reeeeaaally big!

1 Like

Did you base Ecclesia’s height on feets as Blender units ?

I know that it can mess up the feel of gravity, because Blender assumes meters as units, and 7 meter tall objects may appear to fall slower, funnily enough !

I didn’t know that, thanks for telling me!
I’ve done so many customs things to the physics and gravity in the world settings; fine tuning so many properties over the course of spring of last year. The Gravity is actually 68.9m per sec, instead of 9.8m. There’s a lot of stuff going on with friction and translation and rotation damping. I’m pretty good with the physic now, it just took a while to figure what would work best.

Next time use meters as Blender units, the physic theories and equations are based on that :wink:

68.9m/s though… is this world based on Jupiter ?

What is your plan now with the game btw ?

Wow this is really an open world :smiley: how long do you think loading will take?

Fred/K.S

I saw this flyer in my hotel, and was immediately triggered… Ecclesia was too. XD

It takes about 20-30 on average. I will have an artificial loading screen that shot take 30-40 seconds to get through, so everything in the map is loaded and compiled properly.

Love your game. Can you share how did you made eyecandy outline effect on characters? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely I will. Do you mean the White ambient lighting or the Anime toon shading? I can show both of them, if you want.

Yea, i mean ambient lightning visible on edge of characters. :slight_smile:

This is the is what I use. Set it to node in the material settings.
in the composite window do this

1 Like

When i look back at your previous screenshots i can clearly see that this is trully an open world Game its just super impressive to see how awesome and big your game will be !!!

Fred/K.S