Edge Fillet (OpenGL drawing/BGL)

Zeffli, how do you subdivide your curvature?
I looked in your video, but i could not achieve this.
I also have a suggestion:
Will it be possible to get an negative fillet like in the third pic?

http://www9.picfront.org/picture/ck91oTgAp6/thb/Untitled-1.png

Thank you!

• hold shift and press/release numpad_plus or numpad_minus, to increase/decrease vert count
  • Enter to ‘make real’

at the moment it doesn’t make faces, if i do:

• i will include the ‘negative’ option
  • i will create tris first and quads.
    quad option will only be available if the vertex count in the fillet allows for a clean distribution.

I updated the code today, did some code shuffling. It’s a bit easier to read now.

Great one!

Zelfii i didnt meant the face creating with the pic; i meant an negative corner :confused:

ok, that’s a case i haven’t considered at all. won’t be doing it immediately.

like this… i guess. Probably easy to make a switch positive/negative.
It’s on the todo : https://github.com/zeffii/GL-fillet/blob/master/README.markdown
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2YI_Nbn0mYE/TjavyYa9CiI/AAAAAAAAASI/RpyN2kFh5d8/s1600/negative_positive.png

nice script

but how do you it ?

i mean i just got 38883 and ran it from text editor but don’t get any panel !

but would it be possible to :

1- add the addon registration at the beginning of script - to be able to start it from user preference addon panel
2 - at begining of script add some general user instructions on how to use it
3 - and add the thread’s name for getting more details (this thread here)

i mean this is usefull info for later on in the futur if there is any problem with the script or don’t remember how to use it

thanks
happy 2.5

yes exactly this:)

@ ricky, I have a poll() in the Panel class, this checks if the following criteria are met.

• one vertex selected (active)
  • this vertex appears only in two edges. (ie, the vertex can not be on the corner of a cube or something…)
  • you might have to tab in/out of edit mode to update the ‘active/selected’ vertex (at least initially)

once you have the panel, mess around with the settings :slight_smile:

• click the Check Vertex button to start drawing the GL overlay,
  • Hit Enter to make a real fillet.

and no, it doesn’t get a bl_info until I am happy with it.

ok i tried again with a simple plane selected one corner vertex and ran the script
but cannot get the panel at all!

i did a script like this a few months ago to add a square or rectangle with fillet
and got a problem with rectangle
the radius of curvature has to be less then the smallest edge

also if using properties you cannot re assign values inside panel
and the radius of curvature is function of the edge lenght !
but hope you find solution for this

thanks
happy 2.5

I’ll compile a fresh blender and test it after dinner.

edit. compiled 38900, script runs fine.

I can’t help you ricky. I have explained already the assumptions the script makes. If you aren’t getting an error, then

• add a plane
  • run the script
  • select the plane
  • go to edit mode
  • select one vertex (this becomes active)
  • tab into object mode, then back into edit mode. (this tells the script which vertex was selected)
  • move your mouse around the TOOL_PROPS region.
  • the panel should appear.

For everyone else that doesn’t have a ‘problem’ (and there very well may be one…or a few… but without error i have zero insight into what is going on), the github repo has a version of the script with negative fillet. (not available in Kappa mode)

Works nicely in SVN38914 :wink:

Zeffli big big thanx!!!

ok i added bl_info, so it’s an addon. I’m done with it, no more coding.

Very cool script, mate :slight_smile:

Thanks!

been a hectic few days, perhaps today i will get a chance to do a bit of a rewrite/redux. But since zmj100’s own edge-fillet script performs nicely already, i’m reluctant to stick much time into my edge-fillet in it’s current limited form. However, this gives me a framework to mess with curves/paths/bezier…which was my original intention anyway.

Thank you very much for this feature! I am a beginner in blender and trying to follow the rab3d.com 608 bearing manual, I thought your script would come handy. And it did!

Note for ubuntu users:
At the time of this writing, the addon doesn’t work in the official ubuntu 11.10 package. See bug #905675.
It works in blender installed from ppa:irie/ppa (2.61 attotw).

I have install the addon in 2.79 official version but cant find in the tool shelf . May i know why i have install the edge fillet 17 addon. version 0.2.1. I have made a default cube and bevel it. Im trying to make arc on it like this. http://pasteall.org/pic/index.php?id=120600

I have install the addon in 2.79 official version but cant find in the tool shelf . May i know why i have install the edge fillet 17 addon. version 0.2.1. I have made a default cube and bevel it. Im trying to make arc on it like this. http://pasteall.org/pic/index.php?id=120600 Is it possible