Edge rendering?

I’m looking for a way to make edges visible in a render. I want to make a single row of vertices, connected by edges, show up like a string or a strand. I know I could use a wireframe material, but I want to be able to control the thickness. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Hey,

perhaps you should do a research on “Blender and Freestyle”. The Freestyle Renderengine http://freestyle.sourceforge.net/. I don’t know if this is what you are looking for but I think with a bit of compositing you should get your edges.

best regards,
Martin

I was looking more for a way to do this for just one object, instead of a whole scene, like using a material or something. Thank you though!

Perhaps you could seperate this edges. Go to Edit Mode, select your Vertices, hit “P -> selection”. After that you got a new object with your row of vertices. Now you could simply extrude and use a shrinkwrap modifier to move the vertices on the surface ob your original object.

Martin

With a Freestyle build of Blender (as suggested) you can do what you need, even making edges appear only on selected objects or even parts of a mesh.

Thanks guys! I’ll try this stuff out.

you can UV unwrap and use ‘reset’, and use an image with a border as a texture mapped to UV. of course the thickness of the line will change depending on the relative size of the faces, so perhaps not practical for your purpose.