[EDIT] aussie blenderers : where we are from web page

[EDIT] after much anticipation and let downs :slight_smile: I’ve put up the map with everyone location on it…PM me if i missed you

http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/index.htm

also there are a couple of us in the beginning stages of organising blenderconf.au if you like (lets hope i can use that name :wink: ) anyways details decided upon are as followed :

-will be in sydney, location to be decided - any ideas would be great, we also need a place for interstate travellers to stay

-will be over the weekend of 23 and 24th october

-anyone who wants to come will be welcome

expressions of interest would be great…if you are interested and think you can make it please PM me so that we can make provisions for you. hopefully we will get a good number

[/EDIT]

after some chatting on #blenderchat a group of us decided to try and get together all the aussies who use blender…so if you are from anywhere in australia we wanna know so that we can all get into contact and possibly setup meets, city groups etc. so let us know where you are in oz and any ideas you have.

-timmo

[edit] guess i should say that im in brisbane

adelaide

levon

Sydney =)

Adelaide here, i think an Australian user meeting would be a great idea, the amount of blender users down under is growing a lot, and lets hope more in the future

Sydney.

I’d be definitely up for a meeting, though please make it April or later! :o

Adelaide for me (go us aussies)

sigh Hobart… :expressionless:

perth - west oz (arse end of the arse end of the world…)

wow more responses than i expected already…keep on coming guys there must be a few of us

hei i am swiss and find it great you guys making a meeting as well :wink:
you are going to have fun. a good idea is going to cinema and watch a film like finding nemo :wink: - but you need enough time … afterwards going into a starbucks (deepends on how many you are :)) and every1 takes a cd with wips and stuff with him :smiley:

i created another post at www.blender.org in an attempt to find more aussie users http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=15452#15452

BTW im going to be going to melborne late april for the radiohead concert i will be there for about a week if anyone wants to meet up.

Hobart, Tasmania for me…

Wow, so many Australians.

I was going to go to the Radiohead concert in Melbourne too, but I decided against it because I can’t afford to shell out $200 for the plane ticket right now…

Hmm, you know what we should do? Start a site and have a map and mark where Blender people are on it, and we’d be able to organise events from there and stuff.

I’m a web designer and would be happy to put such a website together, if you guys want it.

were going by bus, only $60, but i guess theres not a bus from hobart :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, you know what we should do? Start a site and have a map and mark where Blender people are on it, and we’d be able to organise events from there and stuff.

I’m a web designer and would be happy to put such a website together, if you guys want it.

thats a great idea, thanks for the effort :smiley:

another sydney-sider :slight_smile:

Damb, and I’m stuck in Canberra.

that sounds like a great idea…if its not too big i could put it up on my personal webspace…

im a bit concerned that i seem to be the only one in brisbane…

anyways thanks for the response guys let see if we can rally up anymore ppl and work towards organising something

-timmo

I’m in Canberra.

hiya Lived

Sydney

Sydney sider