Edit many vertices at once

I’m wasting time trying to set the Z coordinate of all the vertices in a mesh to zero. Is there some easy way for this?

Thanks,
Karel

Hey Karel,

Im not really sure what you mean…
Im assuming that you want, for example, all the vert’s in a row to snapped to 0 on the z axis…is this correct?

If so, all you have to do is box select the verts you want to change (B key)> then scale (S key)> then immediately press the Z key (which constrains the scaling to the Z axis, and can be done with X and Y too)> then press the 0 key (which scales all the verts to the same level.)

So in a nutshell

B> S> Z> 0

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

I also occasionally shift-right-click select the verts I want, then N and change the average Z value shown there in the properties box for the group. It’s only the average though, and displaces them all by the difference.

You can select all verts via the A key.

Hey, thank you very, very much for your quick reply. That’s exactly what I wanted, but unfortunately what I already tried.

I had completely unrelated problem - somehow the edited object got smoothened and it’s normals looked foobared. Thus I thaught that scaling somehow preserves normals etc. Sorry everybody :slight_smile: