Edit mode; can you see it?

I’m not sure if I’ve ever noticed that the cursor changed when in edit mode. I guess I just zone out while working on things.

yes, inverted cursor.

@felix

imo, blender should invert the cursor color against what evers in the background,

blasphomy! :smiley: let the OS decide. :slight_smile:

I think Brecht was reading this thread because I saw this commit
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-cvs/2009-July/021181.html

One of the things he addresses with this commit is the default Windows cross cursor being barely visible in the new theme colors, it looks like he changed that.

• Win32 editmode cursor now uses a different one than the system
    cursor, that one is barely visible, especially in the new theme
    colors

This is great news!

I agree. Last thursday I just quickly installed Blender 2.49 at a Vista notebook to show my friends what can be done with Blender. I did a short modeling or well at least … I tried … I wasn’t enjoying it because it was almost impossible for me to see the cursor (not the 3D cursor, the normal cursor). That really sucked :s.

You could always make your own precision cursor using one of many icon editors

that’s windows that sucks… change to the black cursor theme as on *nix ;D then it works fine.

• Win32 editmode cursor now uses a different one than the system
    cursor, that one is barely visible, especially in the new theme
    colors

It would be nice to have a screenshot , and to have the possibility to switch back to the OS pointers in the preference , please.

Peace.

My prayers have been heard! Thank you Brecht!

A screenshot:

Brecht, if I ever meet you in Amsterdam, I’ll buy you a drink!

btw. He’s fixed the wobbly widgets as well, they’re rock solid now :smiley: Awesomeness!!

That is sweet.

Yes, it does…I will begrudgingly keep running windows for the many other apps I use that have native support(“NATIVE”).

Thanks for the fix, Brecht… I assume this a fix in the 2.5 branch?

Thanks for the Windows cursor change tip, Blend3d, I’ll try that. (I’m not going to 2.5 until a release candidate comes out)

Your welcome…I will probably wait for a release candidate as well.

Imo blender should have it’s own cursors, i.e not use the systems cursor. It would make it easier for us who switch alot beetween different OS/computers.

That’s it, I absolutely agree. Note this:

Since blender has its own window manager with specific theme, its own icon set and UI paradigms (like the weird right-click select), it should also have a cursor set. The best possible one, of course :wink:

I agree Gustav, as an occasional Linux user (dual boot system) it would be better to have all settings Blender centric and uniform. I only put forward the work around as I too am unable to see the cursor in Windows. I found the white around black X style to be a reasonable compromise over most color schemes. I certainly do NOT want to undermine Blenders development by promoting work arounds generally. It is great news to hear that a correction has been committed in the 2.5 svn.

Best regards,
Blend3D

Bummer, the wobbly widgets have been fixed for the N and T-panels only, not the buttons window.

Still, the N/T-panels feel great :yes: