Edit Object Actuator Problem

When i try to use add object, nothing happens. i have two cubes, i tell one cube to always add the name of the other one, and give it a tiny linear velocity to see if maybe it was just hidden and will move out of the way, but nothing…any reasons?

Can you give a few more details?- Are the cubes dynamic?- Are the cubes actors at all?- Is the added cube on another layer? (It needs to be.)

it wasnt on another layer…lemme check and see if that was why…YEP! it worked…only problem now is that the added object does not have any shading…is this a glitch?

It’s not a glitch, the added object has the same lighting it has in the second layer. You need to move your light sources to layers 1 and 2 simultaneously.

awesome, thanks man. Guru status deserved. :slight_smile:

Ok as long as you are answering this question. Does the ADDED object get and initial velocity along ITS local axis as set in the add object acutator OR along the ADDING objects local axis. OR along the game Worlds global axis?? I read that passage fromt he GameBlender Kit a few months back and could never figure it out. That so in frustration I just gave up on the game engine all together. That is just ONE of my peeves with blender documentation/tutorial. But thats a whole other Thread.

SHABA1, this velocity direction depends on what settings you give in the add object-actuator AND in the motion-actuator of the added object. This means you can set 2 different axis.

It is important to remember that the add object-actuator sets a LINEAR velocity, so the added object moves at a constant speed from the center of the adding object.

victor

That didn’t really answer the question.

Answer: You can choose between global axis or local axis of adding object. To choose the local axis of the adding object, press the “L” button next to the velocity buttons.

That didn’t really answer the question.

Answer: You can choose between global axis or local axis of adding object. To choose the local axis of the adding object, press the “L” button next to the velocity buttons.[/quote]

Thanks Toomai. I will try this out with some simple cones and cubes and see if it makes sense to me now.