Edit Triangulation

Having come from Max, there was an operation you could perform on an editible mesh. Which was called edit triangulation.

Is there a simular feature in Blender as I need to fix the problem in this pic…

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7716/trixh0.jpg

BTW I’m freakin loving Blender so far. Just started a few days ago. It does pretty much everything I used to do in Max. While using feck all resources. Kudos to the Blender programmers.

Do you mean Space->Edit->Faces->Faces to triangles (or something I don’t have Blender fired up)?

Sorry I should have been more descriptive.

As you probably know, all polygons are made up of triangles.

In the following image the two squares represent 4 sided polygons. The red line is used to illustrate the existance of invisible edges, which split up the polygon into its component triangles.

What I would like to do is change the direction of that invisible edge from (Fig A) to (Fig B).

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5879/polyiw0.jpg

In my first post you can see one of my verts passes over this line creating the error seen (Darker bit of poly).

I used to perform this action pretty regularly in Max. It can be used to totally change the flow of a surface, or in the instance of my current model , fix an error.

With face selected in Edit mode, Ctrl-E, Edge Rotate.

%<

Right there with you! I’ve been working with Max for some 2 years now, and after recently playing with Blender, I’ve fallen in love with it :o.

So yes, kudos to the people behind Blender.

Actually that’s not quite the same as edit triangulation in max…
With the face selected in Edit mode, Ctrl+T (convert quads to triangles), Ctrl+F (flip triangle edges) and the Alt+J (convert triangles to quads). :wink:

Sorry for digging this thread up again from the bowels of the forum. But I just wanted to say thanks for your help everyone.

N30N I was aware of these shortcuts, but it never dawned on me to use them in such a manner, awesome job cheers mate.

I just discovered the shortcut Alt-B… HOLY HELL that is one of the most usefull features I have ever seen.

Only negative for me so far with regards to Blender is rotate viewport, I wish there was a way to rotate around a specified point.